The easiest and most delicious way to add a new flavor to your diet is by using zucchini in recipes. This easy to make Zucchini Lasagna has lots of health benefits making it a popular substitution in dieting.
This low calorie, low fat, dairy-rich, low carbohydrates, fiber-rich, and heart-healthy snack can satisfy your cravings for something tasty without the extra calories. This easy recipe uses zucchini which is a good source of vitamins A, C, potassium, iron, phosphorus, and calcium. This is also an excellent source of protein, which makes this dish a healthy choice to boost your nutrition especially if you are trying to lose weight.
This is an easy to make Zucchini Lasagna recipe that many people enjoy. If you have never tried a Zucchini Lasagna recipe before you should know that they are very easy and tasty.
I am a huge fan of all things Italian and this recipe is one of my favorites. I have made this recipe over the years and have had many people over for dinner and it always goes over big. I hope you try this delicious Zucchini Lasagna recipe that you can start cooking now.
Yummy Zucchini Lasagna! This Zucchini Lasagna really is low calorie, low carb, Keto acceptable, ridiculously delicious and just 369 calories that are! This lasagna utilizes zucchini in place of regular pasta thereby lowering calories significantly. You will not believe how easy this delicious lasagna makes it to make as well. With just a few ingredients you too can have this delicious Lasagna within the week!
Zucchini LasagnaCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Zucchini Lasagna is a great low-carb, Keto recipe that is also gluten-free. It is made with zucchini, and is a healthier option to the traditional lasagna.
5-6 medium zucchini (sliced into 1/8 inch thick long slices)
- Beef Mixture:
1 lb ground beef
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion (diced)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
2 cups spinach (fresh)
- Cheese Mixture:
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 large egg
15 oz ricotta
1/2 cup Parmesan (grated)
8 oz mozzarella cheese ((about 2 cups) shredded )
8 oz Pepper Jack cheese ((about 2 cups) shredded )
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1 cup marinara sauce
- Cooking the Zucchini:
- If you have time, to remove the moisture from the zucchini it is best to pre-cook them, before using in the lasagna.
- Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil and either grill them (grilling pan works too), or arrange them on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the oven at 425F for 12-14 minutes.
- Once cooked, place on paper towels to remove any remaining moisture.
- Cooking the Beef Mixture:
- Place a large skilled over medium-high heat and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic, using a wooden spoon, stir and cook for one minute. Push the onion to one side of the pan and add the beef.
- Let the beef brown a bit and start breaking it with the wooded spoon. Combine with the onion and garlic and cook until no longer pink. Drain any accumulated grease.
- Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer on low for about 30 minutes.
- Add the spinach, stir and cook until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare Cheese Mixture:
- In a large bowl combine: ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, egg, dried basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until fully combined. The mixture will the thick, that is ok, as the zucchini has enough moisture, and we don’t want to make it more watery.
- Assemble Lasagna:
- Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish with olive oil.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture on the bottom and add one layer zucchini to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the remaining cheese mixture, then top with 1/2 of the meat mixture.
- Add another layer of zucchini, top with the all remaining cheese mixture, followed by the beef mixture. Add the final layer of zucchini, top with 1 cup of marinara sauce and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover with foil, so it doesn’t touch the cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes. If needed, broil at the end to make the cheese golden-brown.
- Remove from oven and let the lasagna rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Reference : sweetandsavorymeals.