Baked Zucchini Fries Loaded with flavor they are a low-fat, low-calorie, low cholesterol, heart-healthy, low-carb snack or a great side dish. They’re also great as an appetizer or as a great snack, they’re healthy, low calorie, low carb, easy to prepare, delicious, and delicious.
This low-carb recipe is one that you can feel confident about frying in a skillet. If you love fries, these will be a welcome change from your usual fast food favorites.
Made with only steamed and pressed vegetable matter (zucchini), these tasty, healthy bites will leave you filled and satisfied. If you are looking for healthy fad diet food, try Zucchini Fries. The secret to these fattening, calorie-burning, mouth-watering, and satisfying bites is the secret ingredient, “wheat”.
These mouth watering, heart-warming, mouth watering, and soul satisfying bite are made with an authentic Italian bread recipe, which is why they are so tasty and healthy at the same time. This delicious dish uses zucchini, which are one of America’s most healthy vegetables, and a special herb called home that give this dish its delicious taste. Here is a quick overview of how to make these tasty treats.
What is Zucchini Fries? Zucchini Fries is delicious and healthy (no frying!). They are the tasty treat you have been looking for, made in the slow cooker in the oven. Breaded and cooked (or fried!) with Parmesan cheese for the authentic breading, this is the easy, healthy way to get the nutrients you need on a budget.
Zucchini FriesCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These easy Baked Zucchini Fries with Parmesan and Panko are just as crisp as fried fries for a fraction of the calories! A healthy, kid-friendly side dish or appetizer.
- FOR THE ZUCCHINI FRIES:
3 medium 7-inch zucchini cut into 1/2 inch x 3 1/2-inch “sticks” (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large egg whites
Nonstick cooking spray olive oil or canola oil flavored
- FOR THE BASIL DIPPING SAUCE:
1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or ½ teaspoon dried basil
1 clove minced garlic about 1 teaspoon
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 ground black pepper
- Make the fries: Position racks in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Spread the sliced zucchini onto paper towels or a damp kitchen towel. Lightly pat dry. Let rest on the towels while you prepare the coating.
- In wide, shallow dish (a pie dish works well) combine the Panko, flour, Parmesan, salt, onion powder, and pepper. In a separate bowl that is large enough to coat the zucchini, briskly whisk the egg whites until lightly foamy.
- Working five or six zucchini fries at a time, place the zucchini in the bowl with the egg whites, tossing to coat them evenly. Shake off any excess egg white, then add them to the bowl with the Panko. Coat them with the Panko, pressing it on lightly so that it adheres. Arrange the zucchini on the baking sheet. Line up the sticks so that they are near each other and all fit, but make sure they do not touch. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Lightly but thoroughly coat the exposed sides of the zucchini with the cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and lightly coat with baking spray once more. Return to the oven, rotating the pan 180 degrees, then continue baking for 10 additional minutes, until the crumbles are crisp and golden and the insides are tender.
- While the zucchini bakes, prepare the dipping sauce. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients: the Greek yogurt, basil, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, and paper. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired. Serve the fries immediately, with the sauce for dipping.
- TO STORE: Place leftover zucchini fries in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- TO REHEAT: For best results, rewarm the zucchini fries in the oven at 375 degrees F on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray. Do not reheat fries in the microwave—the will be come mushy.
Reference : wellplated.