My mother loves casseroles, and one of her favorite meals is baked casserole dishes. So when I got the idea that I could make some vegetarian tacos with my own grill I was thrilled!
These meatless vegetarian tacos are a healthy and tasty alternative to traditional BBQ chicken tacos and other similar dishes. The secret is using a grill that has a channel grill connection.
With this special cooking method you can cook the cauliflower, portobello mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, garlic, mushrooms, cilantro, and olive oil all together inside the same pan to create a delicious, mouth-watering vegetarian taco that will have everyone raving.
These mouth watering vegetarian tacos are a must try if you are on the run and craving something to eat while you are on the run. These vegetarian tacos are so easy to make, and the spiciness of the grilled portobello mushrooms and spicy cilantro give it an added kick.
The tofu and corn flake mixture that goes into the tacos gives it a nice texture that is easy to spread onto the tortillas and baking it up. Serve these vegetarian tacos with fresh lime juice, cilantro, and chopped tomatoes, and your guests will be asking for more, and for real.
I would suggest making a few extra tacos, so you have them for sandwiches, pasta, and chicken salads the next time you are at the party. You are about to enjoy these new Vegetarian Chickpea Cauliflower Tacos!
While it is not actually an old traditional recipe, it will soon become one of your favorites meals! This is such a delicious and healthy meal you can serve to your family and friends. You won’t be disappointed either!
Vegetarian Chickpea Cauliflower TacosCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Chickpea cauliflower tacos are healthy, easy to make and packed with flavor. Vegetarian, gluten-free and brightly colored, they will look stunning on your dinner table.
- For the Tacos:
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon water
1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 small head cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-size florets
1 jalapeño, sliced, seeds removed
1 large avocado, seed removed and diced
- For the Pickled Red Cabbage
1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
1 cup rice vinegar
- For the Lime Crema:
1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1/8 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the spices, salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water. Add the chickpeas and cauliflower and toss until coated.
- Roast at 400 F degrees for 30-35 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and chickpeas are a bit crispy.
- Make the pickled red cabbage:
- Place the peppercorns in a jar and add the sliced cabbage. Fill the jar with rice vinegar, cover and refrigerate at least overnight, up to a week.
- Putting the Taco Together:
- Top each tortilla with the chickpea cauliflower mixture and the pickled cabbage, sliced jalapenos, avocados, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with the lime crema and serve.
Reference : asideofsweet.