There are a few things in life that just seem to blend together for one delicious and healthy snack – including an absolutely delicious Tacos Pizza Appetizer. You would be hard pressed not to love a fresh, handmade tortilla filled with melted cheese, loaded with fresh salsa, served on a warm tortilla and topped with your choice of one of a variety of delightful toppings.
With the paleo diet, you are able to enjoy this mouth watering treat, while still avoiding greasy foods. If you are not familiar with the Mexican style of pizza, I will give you some brief information on its origin and its distinctive feature, which are its crust.
Basically, when it is made in the traditional Mexican style, it is baked thin (no crust) and stuffed with shredded cheese and topped with peppers, onions, olives, cilantro and more. Usually, the tacos are served with tortilla chips and sauce.
The main ingredient is the shredded cheese and this combination of ingredients gives a mouth-watering appetizer that is served both indoors and outdoors. One of the most popular appetizers on the Mexican cuisine is definitely Taco Pizza.
Similar to the Mexican burritos, this food can be prepared in a number of ways. The standard version is made with beef, taco meat, onions, and green chilies topped with cheese.
In an attempt to recreate the same mouthwatering flavor, you can add just about anything to this classic recipe, including vegetables and even sour cream, which gives it a little more kick. But the real star of this healthy appetizer is the fact that you can make it all on your own, without having to buy any pre-made ingredients.
Taco Pizza AppetzierCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
An easy and unique twist to the veggie pizza appetizer! Taco Pizza is an easy appetizer made with crescent rolls for the crust. This is a great way to use up leftover taco meat.
8 ounces crescent rolls (1 refrigerated tube)
4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
4 ounces sour cream
1 taco seasoning packet
½ cup diced tomatoes
½ cup shredded cheddar
½ cup mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded lettuce
Other toppings you might like such as jalapenos or chilies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a very light coating of non-stick spray.
- Open the crescent roll dough and unroll onto the prepared cookie sheet. Lightly press together the seams if any of them have separated. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream cheese until most of the lumps have disappeared. Spread the mixture onto the cooled crust.
- Put the cookie sheet into the fridge while you prepare the meat.
- Brown the meat and prepare it by using the instructions on your taco-seasoning packet. Drain off any fat.
- Take the pizza crust out of the fridge and spread the taco meat across the top. You will have some meat leftover.
- Then add the cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and any other toppings you wish to use.
- Slice and serve! This taco pizza is best served immediately.
- The calories shown are based on the pizza being cut into 8 pieces, with 1 serving being 1 piece. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information.
Reference : tastesoflizzyt.