This Sweet and Sour Tofu Spicy Asian Tofu is my all time favorite comfort food ever! The tofu is crispy with a rich, tasty texture and the sweet and sour soy sauce is so delicious!
It comes together very quickly and is also delicious as part of dinner recipe as well! I love to cook and eat sweet and sour tofu all the time.
There are many delicious recipes for sweet and sour tofu out there but this one is so good, I will make it again! Sweet and Sour Tofu has been one of FAV’s to order for Chinese Takeout.
I have even found some stores in my area that will prepare the tofu as a salad dressing. I have also found that the internet is a great source for researching more foods and recipes, which I love since I can find information on just about any Asian ingredient I want, instead of having to drive from store to get what I want.
So, it s a definite “win win” situation when you can order Sweet and Sour Tofu at Chinese restaurants, then you can enjoy it at home right away. Delicious, fresh and healthy, this sweet and sour tofu dish is so popular these days!
Make this sweet and sour tofu recipe in less than 30 minutes! Delicious sticky sweet and sour sauce mimics the classic Chinese takeout favorite in this super healthy vegetarian meal. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this sweet and sour tofu dish with the easy fix ingredients.
Sweet And Sour TofuCourse: LunchCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
This Sweet And Sour Tofu is made with crispy baked tofu cubes tossed in a sweet and sour sauce! Top it off with some green onions and sesame seeds.
1 block firm or extra-firm tofu
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1/3 cup pineapple juice (from a can or carton)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed in 1 tbsp cold water
- Other (optional)
Sliced green onions
Rice to serve with
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using some paper towel, press down on the tofu and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Cut the tofu into cubes then toss it in a bowl with the olive oil and cornstarch
- Spread the tofu cubes on the baking sheet so that none of the cubes are touching each other, and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the tofu bakes, prepare the sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat the sauce in a pan on medium-high heat until it comes to a slight bubble and starts to thicken slightly
- Add the tofu cubes to the pan and toss together until the sauce is thick and the tofu cubes are coated.
- Serve on it’s own or with rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Make sure to use firm or extra-firm tofu to get crispy tofu cubes.
- Flip the tofu cubes halfway through baking. This will help them get crispy on both sides.
- Make sure to heat up the sauce in the pan so it thickens before you add the tofu. This is how you get all the tofu cubes nicely coated.
- Serve right away. This dish is best eaten immediately, otherwise, the tofu loses its crispiness.
- Serve with rice, rice noodles, or on its own.
Reference : choosingchia.