My favorite spiced Coconut Potato Soup recipe is one that I make in my slow cooker every week, and it never fails to be one of the tastiest soups I’ve ever made. It’s one of those recipes that just keeps getting better every time I make it – and for good reason.
The combination of the spices and flavor that you get when you combine potatoes, coconut milk, onion, bell pepper, cumin, garlic, and salt in a crock pot is simply delicious! Here’s how you can get the full recipe here.
This Spiced Coconut Potato Soup is an invigorating yet very fresh, bright, and tasty vegan recipe. It’s the perfect meal for a warm, casual dinner with the girls or for an easy, quick lunch with a group of friends.
Rich with flavor thanks to the addition of coconut milk and potatoes, this soup is delicious and easy to prepare. Serve it with freshly cut bread to soak up some of the delicious and healthy coconut flavor.
This is also a great dish to serve when you have family over for dinner – just add some chicken or fish and you’ll have a very popular, tasty meal! This is also a great dish to serve on a cold winter day – bring it to work with you and everyone will be talking about how good this soup is!
If you have never made a traditional South Indian dish like the Spiced Coconut Potato Soup before, this article may be the one that will help you remember everything that you have learnt about South Indian cuisine and recipes. This soup is one of the most popular traditional foods of South India.
Even outside the country, people from different states and countries are frequently asking if they can try out this traditional Indian dish that is so popular with them. The best way to get the full recipe here in this article is to simply check out the entire contents of this post, as it is very easy to read and follows some simple instructions. So, do not just get disappointed but instead try out this recipe today itself.
Spiced Coconut Potato SoupCourse: DinnerCuisine: asianDifficulty: Easy
This spiced coconut and potato soup is a comforting yet fresh vegan soup. Ideal for a casual supper with friends or for a light lunch with the girls. Packed with flavor this is quick to cook and tastes amazing.
4 garlic cloves
2 inch ginger
2 red chillies
1 tbsp canola oil or coconut oil
½ tsp salt
2 tsp ground turmeric
3 cups vegetable stock
24 oz baby potatoes cut in half if large
8 oz baby sweetcorn canned or fresh
1 can coconut milk/cream 400ml/13.6oz
1 cup frozen peas
- For Garnish
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Peel and mince/grate the garlic and ginger.
- Finely chop the red chilli (if you want to reduce the heat remove the seeds and membrane.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and salt. Then fry for 3-4 minutes until everything has softened but not coloured.
- Add the turmeric and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cut the baby sweetcorn into 3 pieces and add them into the soup. Cook for a further 5 minutes. (See NOTES)
- Add in the coconut milk and the frozen peas. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro, more chopped chilli and some wedges of lime.
- If you are using canned sweetcorn, don’t add them to the soup at stage 8. Cook the soup for a further 5 minutes and add the corn with the peas at stage 9.
Reference : sprinklesandsprouts.