Soy-sesame salmon tartare is a popular appetizer at Chinese restaurants in Los Angeles. I was quite skeptical when I tried it for the first time, but once I tasted it, I was hooked!
Soy sesame is an all natural light yellow fish that doesn’t have a very salty taste, so it pairs very well with vegetables and a variety of seafood flavors. It’s healthy without being healthy, and I’m pretty sure that any food with sesame seeds is healthy.
Soy Sesame Salmon Tartare with Avocado is a great dish to serve on a hot day, it is very light on the stomach and goes well with many different kinds of seafood. The base of this dish is the sesame oil, which makes it great for those watching their cholesterol levels.
It also contains the nutrients (Vitamin A, C & E) that are good for our skin and the heart as well as omega 3 fatty acids that help to reduce the risks of heart disease. If you are a vegetarian, then this delicious dish will be the ideal one to serve.
This dish is very popular in China, Korea and Japan and in fact the third most popular Chinese dish after chicken and broccoli is it. If you are looking for a new and tasty appetizer to accompany your next dinner party, why not try Soy Sesame Salmon Tartare with Avocado?
This appetizer is a healthy, light dish that you will surely love to have with your loved ones. To prepare this dish, all you need is a fresh fish filet, some sliced scallions, and soy sauce.
Simply put the fish into a pot of boiling water, and allow it to boil for about 2 minutes. After which, drain it and set aside to cool down.
Soy Sesame Salmon Tartare with AvocadoCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This is a super easy and quick recipe that can be put together very quickly. It should be served as soon as it is tossed together.
- Soy Sesame Salmon Tartare with Avocado
1/2 pound fresh salmon fillet diced (sushi-grade)
2 teaspoons scallions finely minced
1 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
1 teaspoons mirin
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 avocado diced
juice from one fresh lime
- For Serving
English cucumber thinly sliced
Ichimi Togarashi Japanese seven flavor chili pepper
fresh chives or scallions finely minced
black sesame seeds optional
- To make Soy Sesame Tartare with Avocado
- In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, scallions, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil.
- In a small bowl, gently toss avocado, lime juice and salt to taste.
- To Serve
- Spoon Salmon Tartare on top of cucumber rounds, then top with a little chopped avocado. Sprinkle some Ichimi Togarashi or black sesame seeds, and chives on top to garnish. Serve immediately.
- There are so many ways to serve this simple appetizer. You could mix the avocado and lime juice in with the salmon tartare and simply serve it on top of cucumber rounds or rice crackers. For a more elegant presentation, dice the cucumber and add it to the salmon tartare and avocado, and serve in martini glasses.
Reference : jeanetteshealthyliving.