Super quick, easy and fluffy Siopao Dough is made by mixing together fresh vegetables that are fresh from your garden this includes cucumbers, onions, tomatoes (halved or intact), and potatoes. The result is a moist yet chewy Siopao recipe that you can add to your traditional breakfast or brunch menu. Try to steam the buns in their own juice, as well as adding a squeeze of lime juice to provide a healthy high-fat snack.
This delicious and super fast, easy and fluffy Siopao Recipe is made from fresh Siopao leaves. These leaves are dried but are still very fresh. I have steamed many vegetables using the Siopao Dessert Mix I found online, and there are some excellent vegetables with this unique sweet and chewy treat. For the soft, fluffy and tasty filling, substitute the regular sugar in your homemade dessert recipe for molasses, honey, or molasses.
This is a super fast, easy and fluffy Siopao recipe plus the best way to make Siopao cookies in under 20 minutes. It’s not difficult to make Siopao cookies but it is hard to find the right kind of recipe that meets all your expectations.
I searched high and low until I came upon this amazing Siopao recipe with a step by step video, so I thought I could share it with you. After doing a search for Siopao recipes I came across this absolutely delicious recipe and I knew I had found the best tasting chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time. I made the dough in my food processor and Siopao cookies were ready in no time.
Soft and Fluffy Siopao RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- FOR THE DOUGH:
3 cups All Purpose Flour flour plus 1/3 cup all purpose flour (separate use)
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 teaspoon Rapid Rise Highly Active Yeast (or 1 packet of Rapid Rise Highly Active Yeast)
2 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup milk plus 1/3 cup (separate use)
1/2 cup water
1 egg (room temperature)
2 tablespoon melted butter
- FOR THE FILLING:
1 stem leek or 1 small red onion, chopped
2/3 cup of red or orange bell pepper,finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro,finely chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
4 cups char siu/ Chinese Barbecue
1/8 cup cooking oil
- Grease a large bowl with cooking oil set aside- we will use it to rise the dough.
- Place 3 cups flour,granulated sugar,salt,baking powder and yeast in the mixing bowl and mix completely using a wire whisk.Set aside.
- Place the additional 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup water and 1/3 cup milk in a small sauce pan and mix with spoon or whisk to incorporate, then heat it a low fire until pasty in texture ( as shown in the photo above).
- When the flour is already pasty, add it to the 3 cups flour mixture.
- Place the butter in a microwave safe cup and heat for 1 minute or until the butter is lightly melted and pour into the mixing bowl.
- Heat the 2/3 cup of milk in the microwave for 1 minute and add into the mixing bowl. Mix all of the ingredients TWO TO THREE TIMES using the electric mixer THEN add in the egg.
- Mix the dough using an electric mixer with a hook on. Mix until it will for a fluffy and soft dough. NOTE: You will notice that the dough is not mixing well, but continue mixing because eventually, the dough will become soft and smooth.Transfer the dough to the greased bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place for around 1 hour.
- TO PREPARE THE FILLING:
- Heat the oil and add in the leeks/onion until it turns transparent. Add in the chopped pepper and Pork Char Siu and mix. Let the veggie flavor incorporate with the meat by cooking for 2 more minutes. Add in the Hoisin Sauce and sugar and mix. Cook for 2 more minutes. Add in the cilantro and mix. Turn off the heat and let the filling cool.
- PREPARING THE SIOPAO OR PORK CHAR BAO:
- When the dough had risen after an hour, form the dough into a small log and cut it into 7-14 small balls-IN MY CASE, THIS RECIPE YIELDED 14 LARGE SIOPAO .Using your hand, flatten the dough and place the filling on the middle. Seal the dough on the edges and arrange it on the steamer. Do the same to the remaining dough.
- COOKING THE SIOPAO:
- Cut parchment paper into 14 pieces. Around 2×2 size.
- Boil 4-10 cups of water and steam the siopao for 20 minutes. You can freeze these siopao and microwave it wrap with wet paper towels and heat it for 1 minutes before eating or steam it so that it is soft and fluffy.
Reference : theskinnypot.