Baking with puff pastry is quick and easy and the best way to get your homemade cream cheese dessert ready. You can use a puff pastry to do most of the work and then just add the filling, cheese and fruit, or other items you would like, right on top.
Once you put it in the oven and let it cook for the recommended time, unroll the pastry and cut into rounds to form the desired size and shape. In no time at all you will have an awesome looking dessert that the whole family will love.
Try some quick and easy cream cheese danishes today! One of the simplest, yet most popular quick and easy dessert recipes is the basic quick and easy cherry cream cheese Danish.
If you are looking for a dessert that does not require a lot of preparation or experience, this is the right one for you. These are one of the many quick and easy dessert recipes that can be made with only a mixing bowl and a whisk.
The combination of the butter, cream cheese, milk and vanilla make this an excellent dessert that can be made in under 30 minutes. The easiest and quickest ways to make quick and easy cream cheese danishes that will have people coming back for more are by using a puff pastry.
A puff pastry is simply a very thin walled baking sheet, lined with wax paper and baked on for one to two hours in a warm oven. Making quick and easy cream cheese danishes is as simple as placing the filling into the pastry case, smoothing out the top edge, pressing down into the filling, folding the bottom edge over and crimping the edges together to seal. You can bake the same dessert over, so you won’t get bored with the dessert.
Quick and Easy Cream Cheese DanishesCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These quick and easy Cherry Cream Cheese Danishes are the perfect on the go breakfast, or sweet treat for the end of the day!
1 sheet Puff Pastry dough, thawed
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 cup canned Cherry Pie Filling
1 Egg + 2 Tablespoons water, whisked for egg wash
Shaved Chocolate, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out thawed puff pastry into a 12×9″ rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise, yielding 2 4-½” strips. Cut those two strips crosswise into thirds, to yield six 4×4 ½” pieces.
- With a knife, score ½” border around the edge of each piece of puff pastry. Use a fork to make five or six pricks into the dough within the border of each piece. This will help keep the middle of each piece from rising.
- In a bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of mixture into the middle of each piece of dough and spread around evenly, ensuring the mix stays within the borders.
- In the middle of the cream cheese, add about 6 cherries into the middle.
- Brush the egg wash around the edges of the puff pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes, on the middle rack and rotate the baking sheet half way through baking. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Shave chocolate over the top as well, if desired.
Reference : countrycleaver.