A Praline Pecan French Toast Casserole is a dish which is best enjoyed when served cold, preferably on a pea-sized plate, as it makes a nice presentation when served. This dish is made by combining cream cheese, eggs, and cranberry sauce.
The use of cream cheese gives the dish a velvety texture and the eggs add flavor. The use of cranberry sauce gives this dish a refreshingly fruity flavor and helps to preserve the nutritional value of the eggs.
A Praline Pecan French Toast Casserole can be a wonderful gift or can be prepared for company at a tailgate party, thanks to its presentation! Praline Pecan French Toast has become an internet sensation as more people come to realize that it tastes much more like the real thing than what it actually looks like.
So, why not get all your french cooking needs in one place? Praline Pecan French Toast Casserole has everything you want from a french classic: buttery bread, creamy cheeses, and a tangy and fresh cheddar cheese sauce. With a deliciously rich velvety glaze, this french toasts casserole will taste so good you’ll come back for more.
If you’re tired of the same old french recipes you’ve been eating, then make this one a part of your healthy diet! Praline Pecan French Toast Casserole is an excellent combination of a sweet bread pudding and a casserole.
This french toast casserole is like you eating dessert from a pedestal! The velvety crust is so thick, it makes the perfect foundation for the creamy custard that will fill the entire pan. You can combine the Praline Pecan with Whipped Cream to make a breakfast treat that your whole family will love!
Praline Pecan French Toast CasseroleCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 large challah, brioche or french bread 1 inch cubes
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
8 large eggs
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
Praline pecan topping:
1 cup butter softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp light corn syrup, maple syrup or honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup roughly chopped pecans may use more, if desired
- Spread cubed bread in a single layer on a baking pan. Allow to sit out for several hours or overnight to dry out. Alternately, toast under the broiler in the oven for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cream, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until fully combined.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange dried bread cubes in the dish. Pour custard evenly over bread. Use the back of a spoon to gently press into the custard.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and cinnamon until fully combined. Add pecans mixing until evenly distributed. Crumble evenly on top.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove from fridge 20 minutes prior to baking.
- Uncover. Place into the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, checking at 30 minutes to lay foil on top, if needed. It should bake until puffed and the top is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares, serve alone, dusted with powdered sugar or maple syrup, if desired.
Reference : melissassouthernstylekitchen.