A new way to enjoy the delicious taste of traditional Southwestern cuisine, pancake bacon and school breakfast ideas are the perfect combination for a healthy, high-calorie meal. Whether you enjoy tacos, burritos or French toast, creative food lovers can easily build a tasty menu around this versatile condiment.
Unlike many other foods served during the morning, such as muffins and cereals, breakfast tacos and wraps can keep you energized throughout the day. With only a few simple ingredients, you can have your favorite cravings at work while avoiding the empty calories of heavy meals.
If you’re looking for some good healthy Pancake bacon and school breakfast ideas, this article is for you. Not only are there delicious and healthy pancakes to be had at any time of day, but they’re also very easy to make. Many of the same techniques that you might use for pancakes can also be used for muffins, omelets, chicken or steak.
You just have to know which combinations work best for you! Good luck and stay healthy! Are you in need of some fantastic, healthy Pancake bacon breakfast ideas for the whole family?
A good way to start is with a great pancake breakfast recipe like the one at Healthy Kids Recipes. Pancake bacon isn’t something that many of us eat on a daily basis, but when it is in a delicious food like this, we can’t help but dig in and enjoy a little bit of the guilty pleasure. These easy school breakfast ideas are perfect for the kids because they are tasty, easy to make, and they will be full of protein as well as the needed vitamins and minerals.
Pancake Bacon Breakfast TacosCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Basically the best breakfast recipe ever – breakfast tacos with bacon, eggs and cheese and a PANCAKE taco shell!
- Pancake Ingredients
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups buttermilk
¼ cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Breakfast Tacos Ingredients
8 slices cheddar cheese
8 strips bacon
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
6 eggs, whisked
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 scallions or chives, thinly sliced
1 cup crumbled feta or cojita cheese
Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Make the Pancakes:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk with a fork until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or saucepan over medium high heat.
- Scoop approximately 1/2 cup of batter onto the griddle and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Place on a plate and keep in a warmed oven until ready to assemble tacos.
- Recipe Prep:
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Place the pancakes on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Top with slices of cheddar cheese.
- Place the bacon on a tinfoil-lined baking sheet and bake until crisp, 15 to 17 minutes. Five minutes before bacon is done, put the pancakes in the oven to allow the cheese to melt.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs and scramble for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each pancake with a scoop of scrambled eggs and a piece of bacon cut in half. Garnish with feta, chives and hot sauce (optional). Serve immediately.
Reference : asideofsweet.