If you’re like me and love baking then you’ll love the idea of making oven baked zucchini chips. You can create a scrumptious treat that your whole family will enjoy, without any guilt!
Zucchini is one of the tastiest vegetables out there and when mixed with the flavors of a nice and warm sauce, it makes for a really great healthy snack. This article is going to give you some easy and fast cooking tips on how to make oven baked zucchini chips
I hope you find this article helpful and it gives you a new way of enjoying a good snack, while staying healthy at the same time. Making Oven Baked Zucchini Chips is a great family party idea. Kids and adults alike will love these crispy, gooey treats.
The secret to a good meal is in the preparation and cooking of the foods you serve. This means not overloading your oven with too much food or cooking the food at the maximum heat possible.
Zucchini is a fairly mild vegetable, so the amount of heat you put into the oven should be minimal. Cooking the vegetables in boiling water is one method that reduces both the total amount of heat and the actual amount of cooking time required.
What is there to know about Oven Baked Zucchini Chips? Just that they are incredibly addictive, and yes, I did eat a few while at college.
I have had friends that actually tried to stop me from eating them, mainly because I was going to eat one when we were supposed to do homework. Besides, who looks at a bag of chips and says no to them? Seriously, if you are into them, then you will like this post! I hope you are inspired to try a slice of heaven while you are enjoying your college student life.
Oven Baked Zucchini ChipsCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These oven baked zucchini chips are low in fat and calories, and they’re best described with one, simple word: yummy.
1 zucchini large, cut into 1/8 inch – 1/4 inch slices
1/3 cup whole-grain breadcrumbs optional Panko
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese reduced-fat
3 tablespoons milk low-fat
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Kosher or sea salt to taste
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine in a small mixing bowl, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge into bread crumbs to coat both sides. Note: It may be necessary to press crumbs onto zucchini slices to ensure the crumbs stick.
- Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray.
- If using a rack, place rack on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
- TIP: Zucchini Chips will continue to get crispier while cooling.
Reference : skinnyms.