A One-Pot Stovetop Vegetarian Taco Soup recipe is one that you can make over. In fact, once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to create a great many different delicious meals.
I’ve created a simple one-pot stovetop soup recipe using dried chili peppers, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and garnished with fresh salsa and guacamole. This dish freezes well, so planning ahead is very important!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy low-carb, vegetarian version of the popular chili con carne, this one-pot stovetop recipe is for you! This healthy, yet satisfying dish can be adjusted to meet your dietary needs.
It makes a delicious and satisfying meal when served with crackers, salsa, raw vegetables, pinto beans or chick peas. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
The One Pot Stovetop Vegetarian Taco Soup recipe is a quick and easy one pot meal idea that uses only 1 pot. This is an ideal solution for busy people who do not have time to prepare multiple meals at once.
It can be served cold, heated for a hot lunch or dinner, and then reheated until ready to serve again. In this article we will learn about the soup recipe, the benefits of using it as a one-pot meal, and some great recipes for other dishes.
One Pot Stovetop Vegetarian Taco SoupCourse: BreakfastCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Stay warm with this stovetop Vegetarian Taco Soup Recipe that is an easy one pot recipe. It’s also healthy, gluten free and has a vegan option.
- Taco Soup Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 packet store bought or homemade taco seasoning mix (optional recipe below)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles, with juice
1 tomato, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
2 cups frozen corn
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 avocado, peeled and chopped
1 small red onion, thinly sliced, for serving
1 jalapeño, sliced, for serving
Chopped cilantro, for serving
Hot sauce, for serving
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe (optional)
1 tablespoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon paprika
1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon sea salt
- Make the Taco Soup
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium Heat. Sauté onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the taco seasoning, minced garlic, salt and pepper and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the green chiles and broth. Heat until simmering. Stir in the beans and diced tomatoes.
- Simmer on low heat uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in the corn and heat thoroughly.
- Stir in the lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with chopped fresh tomatoes, cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro, red onion, and sliced jalapeño.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
- Combine all spices in a small bowl.
Reference : asideofsweet.