One-Pot Chicken and Pasta are so quick and easy to make, even a cookbook can’t stop talking about it. If you’re one of those people who can’t get through the day without some sort of meal, this soup will be a healthy, low fat, low sodium, high-carb comfort food.
So much flavor, so little preparation, so few ingredients, yet so rich and creamy it will make you question why you didn’t have this soup yesterday! This chicken and pasta soup recipe is an easy one-pot wonder, so easy in fact that even a hardened veteran food critic could rave about it.
One-Pot Orzo is a warm and hearty soup that is made with one pot, and that makes it so simple to prepare and serve. This type of soup is so easy because everything you need is already in the pot!
It’s like being able to walk into the kitchen, add your ingredients, and throw the whole thing into the pot, and have a warm, delicious soup in minutes! This soup is great for a crowd, but it can be adapted for just about anyone.
This hearty soup will warm you up on a cold day, and help you feel warm and catered to at the same time. One-Pot Orzo Vegetable Soup is a quick and easy meal, perfect for anytime of the week.
This delicious soup uses only vegetables, pasta, and sauce, making it great for people on a diet, or just those looking to get more vegetables into their diets. A well-balanced meal with this versatile soup will keep you satisfied for hours, as long as you allow time for the flavors to meld and you have the ingredients on hand to make sure that your noodles are properly cooked. This is a dish you should be able to put together in 20 minutes or less, but one that will keep you coming back for more even after you’ve tried it once.
One-Pot Orzo Vegetable SoupCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
This Orzo Vegetable Soup is a quick and easy one-pot wonder and a delicious way to warm up on a cold day!
1 TBSP olive oil, avocado oil, or butter
1 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced celery
salt and black pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
3 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
1 cup canned diced or crushed tomatoes
1/2-3/4 cup orzo pasta
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried rosemary
2 cups fresh spinach
- TASTY TOPPINGS: choose your favorites
freshly grated Parmesan cheese (SO GOOD!)
crushed red pepper flakes
garlic roasted chickpeas (one of my favorite soup toppers)
garlic bread croutons
fresh torn basil
- Heat 1 TBSP oil or butter in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, approx. 4-5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and garlic and sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, orzo, thyme, oregano, rosemary and stir to combine. Bring soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente and the vegetables are tender.
- Ready to eat? Stir in the spinach at the last minute and stir into the hot soup to wilt the greens. Give it a taste and season with salt and black pepper as desired. Add your favorite toppings and dive in while it’s hot!
- Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven. Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
- Vegetarian? Be sure to use vegetable stock and you’re good to go!
- T-Rex? You can absolute add some browned Italian sausage (sliced or crumbled) or shredded rotisserie chicken to this soup!
Reference : peasandcrayons.