Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole is a mouth watering dish that is sure to please the taste buds of any person. It is considered to be one of the best casseroles that can be made in the world.
There are many recipes that can be traced back to the origin of this wonderful cooking dish and these recipes have been handed down from generation to generation. This wonderful dessert has gone through a lot of development since it was first introduced in the world and today there are many varieties of Nutella that you can choose from including Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole, Nutella Baked European Toast, Nutella Baked Panini, Nutella Baked Italian Toast, Nutella Baked French Sunflower Tuna Rolls, Nutella Baked Cornmeal Rolls and many other varieties.
Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole is a traditional favorite brunch dish that has been enjoyed by families all across America for years. The combination of the Nutella cookie and the rich cinnamon-flavored custard gives this breakfast dish its signature flavor.
This traditional casserole is served during the weekdays, usually on Sunday morning, and is usually accompanied by fresh fruit juice, but you may choose to serve it chilled if you are in the mood for something different. A Nutella-baked casserole is a wonderful way to kick off your day and will warm your heart as well as your taste buds!
Nutella Baked French Toast Casserole is one of the best and most delicious casseroles you will ever eat in your life. I don’t think there is a foodstuff in the world that makes my mouth water as much as this does.
I cannot believe that people put such a thin layer of powdered sugar over the top of the light brown bread crumbs and use a tiny rubber ducky to cover it up. Not only is this an incredible display of amateur cooking but it is also a very dangerous and unhealthy practice. Please avoid all practices that would lead you to endanger your health.
Nutella Baked French Toast CasseroleCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This baked french toast recipe with Nutella is a SUPER easy, delicious, and kid-friendly brunch casserole. It’s a 5-ingredient make ahead dish that everyone, young and old, will love.
8 slices white bread
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup Nutella
butter for greasing the baking dish
- Butter an 11 x 7 inch baking dish. (see note below regarding pan sizes). In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of Nutella on each of 8 slices of bread. Roll each bread slice into a cigar shape with the Nutella filling on the inside.
- Dip each bread roll into the egg mixture and place it in the buttered baking dish, seam side down. Continue with the remaining bread rolls, placing them side-by-side in the baking dish, enchilada-style. Pour the remaining custard over the top of the bread.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, until the custard has been absorbed by the bread.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Transfer to the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
- Dust some powdered sugar over the top with a sifter, and drizzle with a little melted Nutella if you wish. Serve with sliced strawberries and maple syrup, if desired.
- An 11 x 7 inch baking dish or pan is really the perfect size and shape for this dish, but if you don’t have one, don’t let that stop you! Any roughly 2 quart size will do, like 9 x 9 inch for instance, though you may need to cut a roll or two in half to fit the shape. If you want to use a larger pan, like a 9 x 13 inch, just increase the custard ingredients accordingly.
Reference : ourhappymess.