The Mini Macaroni and Cheese Bites appetizer are easy to make and the kids love them. They are a great way for parties or even as a healthy snack.
If you have not made this recipe before then you should consider giving it a try. You will find that you have many friends asking you where you learned to cook this tasty appetizer recipe.
If you are looking for a healthy alternative to greasy fried chicken and hamburgers, then mini macaroni and cheese is the ticket. You can serve this healthy snack as a healthy appetizer or side dish with any type of meat.
You can make it as a tasty meal or appetizer by cooking it and freezing it. The frozen mini macaroni and cheese bite freeze nicely, so you will always have a tasty option for dinner.
Mini Macaroni and Cheese Bites actually saved the day this past week at my house! We have been saving them for months!
Throwing an impromptu party on a Friday night and knowing that this amazing, delicious appetizer is going to be a big fan favorite was just right up our alley! Everyone was raving about how easy, delicious, and easy to prepare this absolutely delicious appetizers were. I knew that we were in trouble when the cheese went bad – but we still had time to get to the best part – the taste!
Mini Macaroni and Cheese BitesCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These easy Mini Macaroni and Cheese Bites are so full of flavor and will be the biggest hit at any dinner! This is such a flavorful macaroni and cheese recipe thanks to the addition of the herb cheese!
12 oz. elbow macaroni you may have a little left over
5 oz. of garlic and herb cheese boursin, alouette, or even herbed cream cheese works, any soft spreadable herbed cheese
2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup sour cream
pinch salt and pepper
- for the crust:
6 tbsp. butter melted
2 cups crushed Ritz Crackers
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Begin by melting the 6 tbsp. of butter and then mixing in the crushed Ritz and the 1/2 cup cheddar. Press about 1 tsp. of crumb mixture into the bottom of the mini muffin tin. Press down until firmly packed. Crust should come up a little on the sides.
- Prepare macaroni noodles. Cook in boiling water until a few minutes shy of al dente. When done, strain and then put into a large bowl. Add the herbed cheese, cheddar, sour cream, milk, eggs, cold butter, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until cheese is starting to melt and no large clumps remain.
- Spoon about 1-2 tsp. of mixture into each well over the prepared crust. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit at least 10 minutes. If you try to remove them before that, they will crumble as you take them out. After 10 minutes, run a knife around the edges and then gently remove each one. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- These are meant to be a finger food, so they are not as creamy as a regular mac and cheese. They will not stay together if they had the same texture.
- If you leave out the garlic and herb cheese, these will not have as much flavor. Feel free to add more salt and pepper to taste.