For many people, chicken and barbecue never seem to blend. While grilling chicken using barbeque sauce is always a popular idea, do not suggest it for this barbecue recipe.
Barbeque sauces typically contain vinegar, oil, spices, salt, or any number of other ingredients that heat up the food and are bad for you. If you are trying to lose weight, this is one recipe that you may want to skip.
MIYM Chicken is simply a household favorite dinner. It’s a variation of the classic Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Recipe which your mother likely used to prepare! Tender, delicious, and usually just as easy to prepare, chicken recipes have always been a welcome addition to weeknight meal rotation!
And now with these simple tips, you can ensure that every one of your meals is an original masterpiece! Melt in Your Mouth Chicken is an old classic recipe that has been around for ages.
Its roots aren’t clear, but one thing is for sure: whoever came up with it was pure genius! The original idea of coating chicken breast with rich mayonnaise and spicy parmesan is a total genius!
The taste is so intense, so buttery, and so addicting! Any kind of dip will do, any kind of cheese, any kind of vegetable, mashed potatoes, or roasted vegetable – you name it!
Melt in Your Mouth ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Full of flavor, moist, tender melt in your mouth chicken and best of all, simple to make!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
1 cup mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt for a healthier option)
1 cup parmesan cheese (or sharp Cheddar, or Asiago) divided
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks or strips. Place chicken breast strips/chunks in a bowl of milk/buttermilk. Let it soak for 20 -30 min or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Place chicken into a 9×13 baking dish and spread the mixture evenly on top of the chicken breasts, and sprinkle with remain parmesan.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through. You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.
- Serve with a veggie like these delicious fresh broccoli that I steamed. Season with a dash of fresh parsley, if desired.
Reference : cakescottage.