A Mediterranean-Style Grilled Zucchini Salad is the perfect answer to those who question how to get healthy while still having a good time. Why go on a diet and deprive your body of the vitamins, nutrients, and minerals that healthy food supplies.
Instead, kick back with Mediterranean-style cuisine and eat healthy right while indulging your sense of taste buds. A Mediterranean-style salad is light, fresh, and delicious and is easy to make.
Simply toss some veggies, toss some olive oil, sprinkle with some garlic and basil, and cook on the grill for extra long or until tender. A Mediterranean-style meal would not be complete without the most important ingredient, and that is the grilled zucchini.
I like to use a nice marinara sauce along with some fresh chopped vegetables for a zucchini flavor. I also like to sprinkle some pine nuts on top for a nutty flavor.
Place everything on the grill, coat with olive oil, and cook until the zucchini are pink all the way through. Then, remove them from the grill and serve with some lemon juice.
A Mediterranean-Style Grilled Zucchini Salad is easy to make. All you have to do is marinate the zucchini in olive oil, garlic and some rosemary, shake out the marinade and grill the zucchini.
After the grill comes the delicious accompaniment of lemon juice, fresh basil leaves, and lightly seasoned parmesan cheese. Serve the Mediterranean-Style Grilled Zucchini Salad with a crust of whole-grain bread for the best taste. Try it this summer!
Mediterranean-Style Grilled Zucchini SaladCourse: DinnerCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Easy Mediterranean-style grilled zucchini salad with fresh herbs, lemon juice, and a sprinkle of feta. Serve it at room temperature.
4 zucchini squash (about 2 lb), sliced into rounds
Private Reserve Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon organic ground cumin
Juice of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper
1 cup packed chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
Feta or goat cheese, optional
- Place the zucchini into a large bowl. Drizzle about 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with cumin. Toss with your clean hands to combine.
- Heat a grill or griddle until hot, add zucchini in batches (do not crowd). Grill for 4 minutes or so, turning over a couple of times until zucchini are cooked through and perfectly charred.
- Transfer grilled zucchini back to the bowl. Add lemon juice, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Add fresh herbs and toss again gently.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with a sprinkle of feta or goat cheese, if you like. Serve at room temperature.
- For suggestions, see “what to serve with this zucchini salad” section up in the post above.
Reference : themediterraneandish.