When you are looking for the best meals for a quick and easy dinner, you need to consider a healthy meal prep option like a delicious meal prep chicken fajita. There are many different quick and easy ways that you can prepare for this healthy food, which will help you save time and money.
You may be surprised to know that fajitas can be made in a pressure cooker as well as in the oven. This makes it easy to prepare healthy meals and you can take them on a road trip with you or serve them at home.
Preparing a meal that is healthy and full of flavor can be made easy with the right meal prep recipes for chicken fajitas. These tasty and nutritious meals are so easy to make and take little time to put together that they are a favorite in many families.
The recipes in this special cookbook will get you started right away in creating the healthy meal your family will love and keep them coming back for more! If you are one of those people who are not really good with planning meals, or perhaps are just not sure how to put together a proper one, you may be interested in Meal Prep Chicken Fajitas.
These delicious and easy to make meals are one of my favorites because they require very little preparation time and are usually very fast to make as well. Most of them are relatively cheap and easy to prepare, depending on what type of ingredients you use to prepare them. If you love fajitas and are not sure how to make them the right way, I highly recommend that you give this meal preparation recipe a try and find out for yourself how easy it is to prepare them the right way.
Meal Prep Chicken Fajitas (Sheet Pan)Course: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Sheet pan chicken fajitas with juicy strips of chicken, bell peppers and onions tossed in a delicious homemade fajita seasoning. Works great for meal prep or for a simple weeknight dinner.
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder1.5 teaspoon cumin
1.5 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne optional
2 chicken breasts (roughly 1 lb; sliced into strips)
2 bell peppers (sliced into strips)
1 red onion (sliced into strips)
1 zucchini (optional; sliced into strips)
1 cup mushrooms (optional; quartered)
juice from 1 lime
1 tablespoon olive oil
- To Serve
8 6 inch tortillas (or tortilla boats)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Stir together the fajita seasoning.
- Toss the chicken and veggies in a large bowl with the olive oil and lime juice.
- Add the rub and stir to coat.
- Arrange chicken and veggies on 1-2 large sheet pans.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip and roast for another 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings (avocado, cilantro, greek yogurt, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, jalapeno slices are a few ideas).
- To assemble ahead
- Complete steps 2-4, then transfer to a large storage container or bag.
- Store in the fridge (see *note) for up to 3 days (check the expiry date on your chicken to be sure it is safe to keep that long).
- Dump onto sheet pans and cook as directed above.
- To cook ahead
- After cooking and cooling completely, divide the fajita filling between four 2 cup meal prep containers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave until steaming hot, then spoon into tortillas or tortilla boats.
- Nutritional Information: (1 serving includes 1/4 batch of the filling and two 6 inch tortillas; excludes suggested toppings)
- *I believe this recipe could be assembled ahead and frozen but have not tested. If you try, please leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out for you!
Reference : sweetpeasandsaffron.