Mallorca (Majorca) is probably one of Spain’s most popular Balearic Islands, situated along the coast of Morocco. It is well known for beautiful beaches, protected coves, rugged limestone hills and medieval towns.
Capital Palma boasts the majestic Moorish Marrakesh castle, the world-famous Policia San Juan de Las Aguilas and 13th-century Santa Maria cathedral. Hillside Fornalutx is home to stone-built villages and wonderful art galleries. ―Websters Dictionary defines “a white powder-looking powder” as a type of sand.
Mallorca is well known for its beaches; in Mallorca and Majorca you can find the sand used in beach resorts. Mallorca (Minorca) is located in the northern part of the Mediterranean Sea.
Mallorca is a popular tourist destination among the young and old alike as it offers various attractions like beaches, cuisines, art and architecture, shopping centers, museums and heritage sites. It is also famous for its nightlife and Moorish and Roman remains.
Capital Palma features medieval town walls, green vegetation, beautiful beaches and beautiful stone-built villages. Tourists can visit Mallorca in season between May and September or in the off-season between October and April.
Mallorca (MA) is a beautiful island in the Mediterranean Sea, located in Spain. It is known for its beautiful beaches, protected coves, rugged limestone hills and Roman and Moorish ruins. Mallorca is also known as Majorca or Macafemada to the English.
It is also known as a big fish because of the large variety of marine life and for its fishing grounds, which stretch for hundreds of kilometers. It is a wonderful place for a holiday, especially for those looking for a relaxing and beautiful place to spend their vacation.
MallorcaCourse: BreakfastCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Mallorca Bread- Homemade Sweet Bread Rolls with very little kneading required – Soft, fluffy buttery and damn delicious!!! The perfect dinner or breakfast roll for entertaining.
½ Tablespoon dry yeast
½ cup water
½ cup whole milk
4 ounce butter (113.4 gram)(melted) plus more for brushing
4 Large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean stick
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (70 grams) granulated sugar
3 – 3 1/4 cups (375 grams) All-purpose flour
Powdered or Confectioners sugar for dusting.
- In a large bowl combine water and yeast. Let it sit until dissolve for about 3-5minutes.
- Then add milk with sugar, salt, egg yolks , vanilla extract and melted butter. Lightly whisk.
- Finally add 3 cups flour then thoroughly mix with hands or spoon, dough is going to be sticky. If too sticky add the remaining flour a little at a time. Less flour is preferable
- Cover loosely with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled.
- Punch dough down. At this point dough may be refrigerated for a couple of hours or overnight. Refrigerating the dough makes it easier to work with. However, you can proceed to the next step without chilling dough
- When ready to shape, roll out to 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Lightly brush with melted butter. Using a sharp knife, pizza wheel or dough cutter to make 6-8 even sized strips.
- Coil the dough to make flattened spiral buns, tucking the end under the bun, to help the dough stay in shape.
- Place on a baking sheet (half sheet works) with parchment paper, it helps prevent the dough from browning too much at the bottom. If desired brush again with melted butter.
- Let it rise again about 45 minutes, then bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 12-18 until lightly brown.
- Remove let it rest for a few minutes, and then sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Then eat to your heart’s desire.
- If refrigerating over night, be sure to punch the dough before placing in the fridge.
- One way of making the coils is to divide dough into 6-8 equal pieces
- Be sure to tuck the end under the bun, to help the dough stay in shape.
- Let it rest for about 30-40 minutes after placing it the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Reference : africanbites.