If you have a sweet tooth, like myself, I am sure that you would like to try out the new product that is called the Burrito Zucchini Boats. The Burrito Zucchini Boats from Zucchini is a new type of delicious boat that could really bring the fun back in the ocean and the shore.
The boat has three main compartments, the main compartment is covered with glass, the second compartment is made out of cork and last but not least, the third compartment is where you can store all of your delicious vegetables. These delicious boats are sure to give your tastebuds a good treat.
In addition to that, they can also be used as an alternative for taking that cruise in a big ship or ocean liner. The Burrito Zucchini Boat is a new and exciting concept in the healthy living world of today.
It can be beneficial for you to do some background research on what these boats are, how they work, and why they might benefit you. After reading this article, you should be able to determine if this might be something that’s right for you.
When it comes to a fun and healthy way to enjoy the outdoors, nothing beats the fun and relaxation that comes with a Burrito Zucchini Boat. This unique product is the brainchild of a couple California man who knew they could create a boat that had the fun, fresh ingredients they are known for.
A few other companies have attempted to duplicate their success, but have failed miserably. Not only are their boats inferior in quality, but they put their own unique twist on a tried and true product. In order to give their creations some real competition, these guys have implemented a few different strategies.
Low Carb Burrito Zucchini BoatsCourse: SeafoodCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These Healthy burritos are low carbs and the perfect meal the whole family can enjoy. Easy to make burrito recipe made with zucchini and incredibly delicious.
3 Medium Zucchini halved lengthwise
2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Small Onion Diced
2 Garlic Cloves minced
1 Lb Ground Beef
½ Tsp Chili Powder
½ Tsp Ground Cumin
¼ Tsp Paprika
½ Cup Black Beans drained and rinsed
½ Cup Corn fresh frozen or canned
1 Cup Tomato Sauce
1 Cup Shredded Monterey jack cheese
Optional garnishes: chopped avocado, sliced green onions, fresh chopped parsley orcilantro
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out insides of the zucchini, then dice them and reserve for later.
- Place zucchini halves cut side up into the bottom of the large baking pan and lightly grease with olive oil; season with salt and pepper, then place into the oven and bake until zucchini softens 8-10 minutes.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the remaining oil. Sauté the onion, for 3-4 minutes, then add in garlic and cook for one minute more, until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and cook until it starts to brown, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Drain the fat if needed, then stir in the spices, together with the reserved zucchini flesh, beans, corn, and tomato sauce. Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stuff the zucchini boats with the burrito meat mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Return to the oven and continue to bake until cheese is bubbly about 10 more minutes. Top with garnishes of choice and enjoy!
- Nutritional facts:
- Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- You can use yellow or green zucchini or use both
- Meat substitutes can be chicken, turkey or beef.
- Cheese can be low fat, whole, or fat-free