Lentil salad with spinach and pomegranate is a delicious salad that you can prepare in minutes. There are some simple steps that you need to follow to make this delicious salad. Before you begin chopping the ingredients, you need to gather first all the ingredients which will be included in this recipe such as tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, pecans, and spinach.
After gathering all these ingredients, it is time to cut them so that they will be ready for preparation. Lentil salad with spinach and pomegranate is a very tasty recipe.
You can eat it cold as an alternative to the meat and cheese served at many casseroles during the cold winter months. In addition to being good for you, lentils are also rich in protein, iron, zinc and folic acid, all of which are important for maintaining good health and an active lifestyle.
If you add lentils to your diet, you will be providing your body with a high source of nutrients that are important for your long term health. Lentil salads are very popular among South African travelers and visitors as they are easy to make and healthy too.
This is why many have tagged this as their favorite meal while in many countries of the world this is an everyday salad. The most important ingredients for making a lentil salad are beans, vegetables and nuts. With a little creativity you can use different seasonings to make it more exciting.
Lentil Salad with Spinach and PomegranateCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This vegan lentil salad with spinach, pomegranate, avocado, and walnuts is super delicious and packed with nutrients. Perfect for fall!
- For the vegan lentil salad:
3 cups cooked brown lentils
1 avocado, cut into slices
2-3 handfuls fresh spinach
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
2 small apples, cut into small pieces
- For the tahini orange dressing:
3 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove of garlic
6 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons orange zest
- Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the pomegranate into halves and remove the seeds. I like to do this in a bowl of water because then it doesn’t get all messy. Fill a large bowl with water. Place halved pomegranate into the water. Use your fingers to break the seeds out. Remove the white fiber that floats at the top of the water.
- Put all ingredients into a big salad bowl.
- Make the dressing: Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the lentil salad.
Reference : veganheaven.