This is not just one of the yummiest recipes I have ever cooked, but it also happens to be one of the most delicious as well. I love the combination of sweet and sour, the slight chewy texture, and the slightly crispness of the bread crust. To me, a good bread should be just about buttery and smooth, and not rubbery or soggy; I find that this recipe achieves just that.
Lemon Zucchini Bread is not just one of those super easy recipes that you can find in cookbooks and on the Internet. It is actually a very healthy alternative to the over-priced, unhealthy breads and rolls out there.
You will only need about three ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. All you have to do is combine the zucchini and the bread crumbs, press down into a loaf and bake it. When done, you will have a delicious, light, healthy treat that your whole family will enjoy. And if you make it at home, you know that it will be absolutely perfect every single time!
If you’re one of the many people who are looking for the easiest healthy recipe around, then you should try the Lemon Zucchini Bread. This quick and easy homemade bread has a delicious nutty flavor but is totally wheat-free, sugar-free, and cholesterol-free!
Did I mention that it’s actually a great weight loss recipe? Well, the key lies in the ingredients used, but the rest is up to you to create and enjoy! Enjoy this healthy, low-calorie, yet delicious bread in as little as 30 minutes!
Lemon Zucchini BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Lemon Zucchini Bread is one of our favorite quick bread recipes during the summer months! This super flavorful and moist bread tastes great for dessert, as a snack, or even for breakfast or brunch.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or half white whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
Zest of 1 large lemon
2 large eggs
1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest and stir well.
- Add eggs, oil, and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold the zucchini into the batter and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the loaf onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the bread is cooling, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread. Slice and serve.
Reference : tastesbetterfromscratch.