Lasagna Stuffed Peppers is delicious, nutritious, and easy to make. You can make them in the crock pot before you need them. All you have to do is add the desired amount of vegetables into the pot, set the heat to low, and then go about your business while the peppers cook.
In about one hour, you have a fully cooked meal that is ready to serve. The best thing about this is that it uses very few ingredients, so there’s no fuss about cooking too much. Another great thing about it is that it tastes great as it cooks, and you don’t have to worry about burning it as well.
Lasagna Stuffed Peppers makes a fantastic theme for any Fall celebration. These chewy, gooey stuffed peas are fun, fresh and easy to make, and will provide your party with a healthy dose of wholesomeness that children (and adults) love. If you’re looking for a healthy, low fat, easy to cook food that will keep you warm throughout the cold months, then these tasty snacks are a great choice!
Lasagna Stuffed Peppers is a delicious and easy recipe. It takes just a few minutes to prepare, making it an ideal and quick meal for your loved ones. The ingredients are simple-your favorite meat or vegetable, softened butter, shredded cheese, herbs, pepper, onion, and garlic.
Simply mix all of these together in a bowl, heat it up in the microwave for about sixty seconds, and you have the best appetizer ever. These delectable stuffed peppers will warm your soul while providing a healthy dose of vitamins and nutrients.
Lasagna Stuffed PeppersCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Cheesy Lasagna Stuffed Peppers – low carb, grain free, filling and delicious!
- Meat Sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
1/2 lb . ground pork, 230 grams
6 oz can tomato sauce, 170 grams
6 oz can crushed tomatoes, 170 grams
1 teaspoon dried oregano
small handful of basil, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ cup parmesan cheese, 55 grams, grated
5 large bell peppers
1 cup ricotta Cheese, 250 grams
1 cup mozzarella Cheese, 113 grams, shredded
- For the Meat Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the diced onions and cook a few minutes until onions become translucent. Add the garlic and cook until for a couple of minutes, stirring so that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add in ground pork and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat to cool.
- For the Peppers
- While the meat sauce is thicken begin working on the peppers. Preheat oven to 400°/200°C.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds. Place pepper halves on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
- Remove peppers from oven. Peppers have a high water content so if you find that there is a little water on sitting inside the peppers after you remove them from the oven, just drain the water and blot the insides with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt inside each pepper before adding the meat filling to absorb and excess moisture. Fill each pepper with ¼ cup tomato meat sauce.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese on top of the meat sauce in each pepper cup. Pour an additional 1-2 tablespoons meat sauce on top of the ricotta cheese.
- Top each pepper with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Bake in the middle of your oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven. Top each pepper with about 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Bake for an 5 additional minutes on top rack or until the cheese is golden.
Reference : asaucykitchen.