From the light and healthy Asian chicken to the robust flavors of the pork and beef, Korean food is one of the most popular in the United States. However, with this rise of popularity have come the influx of American influenced Korean food as well.
Many Korean restaurants have started catering to the discriminating tastes of discriminating American diners and have begun including items from the American fast food menu in their dishes. Korean chicken meal is one such item; here are some tips on how to make a perfect Korean chicken meal.
With the use of seasonings like salt and pepper, some Korean chicken meal preparation takes on a whole other dimension when paired with the flavors of soy sauce and sweet black pepper. Korean Chicken Meal Prep Bowls is easy to make.
I use my super easy Korean chicken soup recipe as the basis for the bowls I prepare. I love soups like this one and its so easy to prepare. You can find lots of great Korean ingredients at your local Asian store or on line.
I love all three types and prepare a full meal in less than 30 minutes. Are you looking for some easy, Korean chicken recipe that you can make in minutes?
There are a lot of Asian inspired meal ideas out there but I have never seen one quite like these Korean Chicken Meal Prep Bowls. The key is to marinate the chicken in some ginger and garlic before cooking it.
You can also deep-fry the pieces of chicken and add some spicy sweetness to it as well. These Korean chicken meal appetizers are perfect for a party or a get together; you can have them with some vegetables as well for some additional flavor.
Korean Chicken Meal Prep BowlsCourse: DinnerCuisine: koreanDifficulty: Easy
These Korean inspired Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are a healthy make ahead lunch idea made up of chicken thighs, Asian coleslaw and jasmine rice! Korean chicken recipe adapted from Canadian Living.
- Chicken marinade
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp fresh ginger
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sesame slaw
1 bag coleslaw mix
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp powdered ginger
1 cup jasmine rice
1 1/4 cups water
1 tsp butter
1 pinch salt
- Preheat grill to high heat, or preheat oven to 425 F. In a large bowl, mix chicken marinade ingredients together.
- Add chicken thighs and marinate 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook jasmine rice according to package directions. Mix together ingredients for Asian slaw dressing, then set aside.
- Add chicken to grill or frying pan. Cook on grill for 7 minutes, then flip and cook another 5 minutes depending on how large the thighs are. If using the oven method, bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 F in thickest part of thigh.
- Add two chicken thighs to each meal prep bowl. Toss coleslaw with dressing then add slaw and rice to each bowl.
- Serve and enjoy – leftovers stay good in the fridge up to 4-5 days.
Reference : thegirlonbloor.