The Instant Pot Cowboy Beans is an ideal option for cooking a delicious and healthy breakfast in a snap. This is because the Instant Pot allows you to heat your own dried beans, mince them up to your desired consistency, and then let the beans heat up on their own for a couple of hours or so, before placing them into your slow cooker.
This is an ideal solution for busy people who don’t have time to sit around the stove and cook their own food, and it is also ideal for people who find preparing healthy foods a hassle but still want to enjoy a delicious meal. This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes, and it comes from the “instant Pot” cookbook.
It’s easy to make and you can store leftovers in the Instant Pot for up to three days. The ingredients for this delicious dish are canned beans, cumin, chili powder, Cayenne pepper, oregano, lemon juice, milk, and spinach.
These items can be found at your local grocery store or you can shop at a well-stocked farm’s market or farmer’s co-ops. This slow cooker recipe is easy to follow, and the healthy ingredients provided will keep you and your family eating healthy while cooking in a convenient Instant Pot.
If you love to eat healthy, but are still able to enjoy a great tasting beverage on occasion, you should consider making your own Instant Pot of Coffee. It’s fast and easy, and perfect for any time that you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to sit down to a real coffee.
Plus, it’s delicious and nutritious as well. Imagine drinking a nice hot cup of healthy coffee in the morning with a meal and a snack before going to work or on the run. There is just no better way to start the day.
Instant Pot Cowboy BeansCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: SouthernDifficulty: Easy
Instant Pot Cowboy Beans are wonderfully thick, tangy, and smoky with 3 kinds of meat. This hearty side dish makes a great addition to a picnic, bbq, or cookout.
16 ounces dried pinto beans
8 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound kielbasa, sliced
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 medium yellow or sweet onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder, I like to use chipotle
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Combine pinto beans, water and salt in the Instant Pot. Cover and set to “Manual” and Pressure Cook on high for 25 minutes. Let do a natural pressure release.
- When the pin drops, remove the lid and pour the beans into a colander to drain.
- Set Instant Pot to “Saute”. When hot, spray pot lightly with cooking spray.Add ground beef and kielbasa and cook, breaking apart the ground beef, until it is browned. Hit “Cancel”. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Drain grease from the Instant Pot. Set to “Saute”. When hot, add bacon and onion. Cook until bacon is crispy. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Hit “Cancel”. Drain about 1/2 the grease off.
While cooking bacon, stir frequently and be careful to not let it stick and burn on the bottom.
- Add water and scrape up any brown pieces on the bottom. This is important because if there is anything burned stuck on the bottom, you will get a burn signal.
Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Return beans, ground beef and sausage to Instant Pot and stir them in. Place lid on and set to “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” for 15 minutes. If you get a burn siganl, remove the lid if the pin is still down. If it is not down, release the pressure and then remove the lid. Stir in about 1/4 of water and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom really well. Place the lid back on, making sure the pin is in the “sealing” position.
- Once the time is up, let the Instant Pot do a natural pressure release. When the pin drops, remove the lid and serve.
- You will want to use a 6-quart pressure cooker for this recipe.
Reference : spicysouthernkitchen.