One of the most popular dishes in today’s cuisine is fried rice. It is known to be a hearty and delicious meal that can be made with a few simple ingredients. The dish usually consists of rice and vegetables cooked with eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger. There are many ways to make fried rice depending on the type of vegetables you use as well as how much you add to it. Here is a recipe for a shrimp fried rice that will please your palate in every way possible.
What is shrimp fried rice?
One of the most popular dishes in today’s cuisine is fried rice. It is known to be a hearty and delicious meal that can be made with a few simple ingredients. The dish usually consists of rice and vegetables cooked with eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger. There are many ways to make fried rice depending on the type of vegetables you use as well as how much you add to it. Here is a recipe for shrimp fried rice that will please your palate in every way possible.
The recipe includes fresh ginger, garlic, scallions, grated carrots, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, chopped peanuts and pine nuts—which are usually not used in traditional fried rice dishes. If you’re looking for a way to make this dish even more flavorful than usual consider adding some chili paste or hot sauce at the end of cooking time before serving.
To begin preparing this recipe combine unsalted butter in a large-sized pan over medium heat then add in the ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant then add in all other vegetables except for the eggs and shrimp.
How to cook the rice for the best results
The first step in cooking fried rice is to make sure that the rice is as dry as possible. This will ensure that the rice is more easily cooked and will not become mushy when you add the other ingredients. In order to dry the rice, you can put it on a pan with no oil or butter and leave it for about 10-15 minutes. After this step, put the rice in a colander and rinse it with cold water, using your hands to squeeze out excess water.
Next, heat up 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large pan or wok. Add the ginger, garlic, green onions, and spring onions into the hot oil until they turn slightly golden brown. Then add the shrimp and cook them until they are completely pink (about three minutes). Add the vegetables into the pan and stir frequently until they turn tender but still crisp (about 10-15 minutes). Now add soy sauce, fish sauce, and sesame seeds into the pan before turning off heat. Sprinkle with some scallions at last minute for an extra touch of color!
Preparation and cooking of the shrimp
First, in a 1-quart saucepan, break the eggs over medium heat, adding salt and pepper.
In a small bowl combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar.
Add the scallions to the saucepan and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
Stir in the shrimp and cook until almost done, then add the peas and cook for an additional minute.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The preparation and cooking of vegetables
The prep work for this meal begins with chopping up the vegetables. You can use any type of vegetable to make this dish, but shrimp is a popular choice because it will add a lot of flavor to the rice. There are many different ways to cook your vegetables, but one way that works well is cooking them in a wok or frying pan. The advantage of cooking in an open pot such as a wok or frying pan is that you will be able to stir and incorporate all the ingredients quickly.
Once your vegetables have been chopped, you need to start cooking them. This step will take at least 10-15 minutes, so be sure to plan accordingly when making this dish. Once you have chopped and cooked your vegetables, it’s time for the eggs and soy sauce. You want these ingredients to be mixed together with the vegetables before adding them into the wok or frying pan. Then add some ginger and sesame oil before putting in rice of your choice and mixing everything together. This ingredient combination ensures that every bite has a bit of flavor that satisfies your taste buds while still being somewhat healthy.
How To Make The Perfect Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice.Course: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
¼ cup sesame oil, divided
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups riced cauliflower (see Tip)
1 pound large shrimp (31-35 count), peeled and deveined
3 cups broccoli florets
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
3 cloves garlic, sliced
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large flat-bottomed carbon-steel wok or large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add eggs and cook, without stirring, until fully cooked on one side, about 30 seconds. Flip and cook until just cooked through, about 15 seconds. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to the pan; heat over high heat. Add cauliflower in an even layer; cook, undisturbed, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to the pan; heat over high heat. Add shrimp; cook, stirring often, until just opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the cauliflower.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan; heat over high heat. Add broccoli, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce (or tamari), water, vinegar and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Stir in the reserved eggs, cauliflower and shrimp.
- Tip: Look for prepared cauliflower rice (or cauliflower crumbles) with other prepared vegetables in some supermarkets. To make your own, pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until broken down into rice-size granules. One 1 1/2-pound head of cauliflower yields about 4 cups of cauliflower rice.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Reference : eatingwell.