A hot chocolate smoothie bowl mixes two often not combined ingredients and then adds nuts to the mix to make it look more attractive and more delicious. A delicious, rich vegan smoothie is ideal for dinner, breakfast, or even for an afternoon snack, but there are a few things you have to keep in mind when you wish to add nuts to your hot chocolate smoothie.
You can actually serve your chocolate smoothie with almost any type of nut, as long as it doesn’t have an extremely high level of fat content. But what kind of nuts are the best?
It looks like everyone has their own version of the Hot Chocolate Smoothie Bowl. I have even seen them in magazines! I couldn’t resist trying it for myself so I went all over town sampling different versions.
This Hot Chocolate Smoothie Bowl really hit the spot for me. It tastes just like hot chocolate in a smooth and rich chocolate milkshake. Yum.
It’s that time of year again – that time of year when friends come around for a holiday, and everyone expect good food and great drinks. And one of the best drinks on the planet is a nice hot chocolate with a nice twist.
If you’ve never had this kind of drink before then I highly suggest that you give it a go – the chocolate and whipped cream will have your taste buds begging for more. Hot Chocolate Smoothie Bowl recipes are easy to make, and you don’t need much to make them, they are quick and easy, and best of all you can have them any time of the day – that means that your guests won’t have to wait for warm chocolate to cool down either.
Hot Chocolate Smoothie BowlCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Stay warm this winter with this creamy hot chocolate smoothie bowl! Made with wholesome ingredients and loaded with fiber and plant based protein, this vegan smoothie makes a healthy and comforting breakfast or snack.
1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp (16 g) nut butter OR dairy-free chocolate chips
1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup*
1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- The night before, add all ingredients (except chocolate chips, if using) to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. This step isn’t absolutely necessary, but allowing the oats to soak for a few hours will make them easier to blend and give you a smoother, creamier smoothie.**
- When ready to eat, blend on high until oats are fully broken down and a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- Transfer the smoothie to a small saucepan set over medium heat (adding chocolate chips, if using) and bring to a simmer or boil, depending on how hot you want it. If the smoothie is too thick, add an extra splash of almond milk until desired consistency is reached.
- When your smoothie reaches your preferred temperature, transfer it to a bowl, garnish with toppings of choice, and enjoy!
- You can sub this with whichever liquid sweetener you have on hand. ** if you have no time to let your oats soak, you can simply skip to step 2 and 3, but then transfer your warm smoothie back to your blender and blend until it becomes creamy.
Hot Chocolate Smoothie Bowl