Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls are a healthy choice for your kids. They get to enjoy chicken breast as well as the healthy peanut butter and wheat bread like bread crumbs.
It also includes a delicious creamy dressing to dip it into, and you don’t even need to threaten them with a Big Mac! These Lunch Bowls are a tasty and healthy alternative to the fried chicken you may be serving to your family today.
If you are looking for healthy and filling foods that you can make all by yourself, then I highly recommend Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls. This is one of those salads with the chicken as the base and you use cucumber, bell pepper, and fresh herbs to dress it up.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can find honey sesame seed seasoning anywhere in your area and you can usually just grab a bag of it at the grocery store. I have found that using olive oil instead of vegetable oil will give you a healthier and better result, but that is just preference and not a strict dieting necessity.
Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls is a very popular take on the classic chicken salad. I was looking for a new way to prepare chicken salad and decided to give one of these tasty sandwiches a try.
Since there is very little cooking involved in this recipe, I was hoping that my guests would like it and not be intimidated by it. I was expecting better from the Chicken Honey Sesame Sandwich than what I got. My meal was messy and the taste left me feeling satisfied but not my family.
Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch BowlsCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls have chicken breast, broccoli and asparagus tossed in a sweet and savory honey sesame stir fry sauce. Perfect for healthy meal prep lunches!
- Honey Sesame Sauce:
¼ cup chicken stock or water
¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Chicken Lunch Bowls:
¾ cup rice (uncooked; or roughly 2 cups cooked)
2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
3 cups broccoli (chopped into small pieces)
3 cups snap peas (ends trimmed)
2 large chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
salt & pepper
sesame seeds (garnish)
- Shake together all honey sesame sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Divide between 4 storage containers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan. Add broccoli and snap peas. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until bright green and tender. Add to the rice in the storage containers.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Cook for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add the sauce to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the chicken to the lunch containers and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat to serve.
Reference : sweetpeasandsaffron.