Healthy Keto Lasagna With Zucchini Noodles is a very easy diet to follow, and it’s a good one too! You’ll need: lasagna sheets, low carb noodles, a bit of garlic and herbs, and your choice of meat or chicken.
First of all, put the lasagna sheets on a flat surface. Spread the zucchini noodles over the bottom and sides of the sheet.
Then, using your hands, spread some of your cooking sauce over the top of the noodles, making sure to cover them at least two inches from the bottom. Healthy Keto Lasagna With Zucchini Noodles is a very delicious, low carb dinner that will have your taste buds begging for more.
I have made it several times now and each time it gets rave reviews from everyone who tries it. A healthy diet should definitely be part of your every meal planning and one of the easiest ways to do this is by creating low carb lasagna with zucchini noodles.
To make this delicious dinner, all you need is a non-stick spiral noodles maker, broccoli florets, chopped zucchini, three types of Italian cheeses, and mozzarella cheese. By putting all of these ingredients in the food processor on a low speed, you are sure to have a delicious lasagna in no time.
Healthy Keto Lasagna With Zucchini Noodles is fast becoming the most popular diet in the world. I have been cooking low carb for over 8 years and with great success, so I thought I would give others a helping hand with the same recipe. Here are the ingredients to make a healthy keto lasagna using zucchini noodles:
Healthy Keto Lasagna With Zucchini NoodlesCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
With mounds of stretchy cheese, layers of meat, cheese, low carb tomato sauce, a secret ricotta substitute, and a perfectly crispy, toasted cheese crust on top, this Low Carb Lasagna With Zucchini Noodles will become your new favorite weeknight dinner. You can meal prep or make this ahead time too, because this keto lasagna actually tastes EVEN better the next day (I swear!)! Includes all tips and tricks for ensuring this turns into a real sturdy and standing lasagna you can eat with a plate and a fork (NOT A BOWL AND A SPOON) are included in this recipe and post! BON APPETITE!
4 – 6 large Zucchinis (the bigger the better!)
1.5 Tbsp Butter
1/3–1/2 of a large sweet onion, diced
1 LB Ground Beef (can Sub Ground Turkey too!)
2 teaspoons minced Garlic (or 4 cloves, minced)
¼ tsp of Italian seasoning (OR oregano, dried Basil, or dried parsley ALL work great here)
1 container of Cottage Cheese, 16 oz (I like full fat cottage cheese)
1 Large Egg
1/2 Cup pre-grated parmesan cheese
Optional: Mandolin For Cutting Zucchini Noodles
2 Cups of shredded Mozzarella (equivalent of one pre-grated bag!)
1 Jar of Rao’s Marinara Sauce (or sub your favorite!)
Extra Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Use a Mandolin or large sharp knife (see post on how to use a knife!) to cut fairly thin wide, long Zucchini noodles. If using a mandolin that doesn’t have a tomato slicer option, use the widest setting to get them thick enough. I use the setting for cucumber slice thickness. Lay all zucchini noodles out on top of papertowels and sprinkle salt all over the tops (THIS MAKES THEM SWEAT OUT EXTRA LIQUID). After 15 minutes, wipe all the salt and excess moisture off the Zucchini strips, and be sure to pat each one dry (the drier, the better!).
- While zucchini is ‘sweating’ put onions and butter in a saute pan and cook until they start to look translucent (7-8 minutes)
- In a separate large saute pan cook the Ground beef while onions are cooking. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the beef and cook until it’s just barely still pink, making sure to break up the chunks well as its cooking. DRAIN the excess fat before continuing. Add minced garlic & Italian seasoning (or whichever herb you’d like!) to the drained ground beef & cook for 1 more minute. Add almost the entire container of Rao’s Marinara (but reserve 2-3 Tbsps for top of the lasagna) and the cooked onions to the pan of ground beef/garlic. Turn heat down to medium low, and allow meat sauce to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering mix with a whisk, in a mixing bowl, the whole container of cottage cheese, the egg, and ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Set Aside.
- Line the bottom of your Lasagna Pan with Zucchini noodles, leaving no gaps between zucchini pieces and overlapping each one slightly (I used a 9 X 13 pan. If you use a smaller pan, then do less of each layer if you want an additional height on your lasagna like my photos!) Add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese (enough to lightly cover the zucchini). Add ½ the meat sauce (less if using smaller pan and you want an additional layer, then use 1/3rd) and spread evenly with a large spoon. Add a layer of ½ of the cottage cheese/egg mixture ( again less, more like 1/3 if using a smaller pan than mine) and gently spread evenly.Add another layer of Zucchini Noodles, then mozzarella, then meat sauce, then cottage cheese mixture (same as above!). Add last layer of zucchini noodles to top of the lasagna. Sprinkle the remaining Rao’s marinara all over the top layer of zucchini and spread thinly and evenly with a spoon. Top it all off with a nice thick layer of shredded mozzarella and some extra parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake lasagna, uncovered, at 375 F for 30 minutes. Then, turn on the broiler, and toast the top layer of cheese for 1-2 minutes until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown (optional, but makes a nice crunchy cheese crust).
- Allow lasagna to cool for AT LEAST 30 minutes up to 4 days (yes you can prep this beforehand!!!) BEFORE Cutting into it. I like to cool mine in the fridge or the freezer for a MINIMUM 30-40 minutes before we cut and serve. IF YOU CUT THIS WHEN IT’S HOT, there will be LOTS OF LIQUID in the bottom of the pan. If you cut it AFTER it’s cooled, then the liquid gets reabsorbed into the lasagna and it won’t be a soupy (although still tasty) mess. Store leftover lasagna, uncut, IN THE lasagna pan in the fridge. It will have NO watery liquid the next day and I swear it tastes twice as good after being refrigerated ????. Reheat lasagna slices in the microwave for 30-45 seconds & EAT!
Reference : fatkitchen.