Healthy Baked Carrot Chips is easy to make and delicious to eat! With this recipe you can enjoy your dip for breakfast or a snack anytime of the day. If your looking for a healthier alternative to fries, consider using a healthy balsamic dressing instead of the traditional tomato-based salsa.
This healthy recipe uses balsamic vinegar instead of salt, sugar, or butter. This recipe is perfect for those watching their cholesterol because it contains no trans fat. One of my favorite snacks is healthy baked carrot chips.
The healthy ingredients in this snack include: carrots, olive oil, garlic, salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast extract, sea salt, monounsaturated fats, unsalted peanuts, and nutritional yeast. These ingredients are all good for you and taste great!
I enjoy this snack often so I thought I would give you a recipe to try! Healthy Baked Carrot Chips is a healthy snack to pack on your lunch table. Made from fresh carrots, potatoes and bread crumbs, they are easy to make and very tasty.
Nutritional facts clearly indicate that baked chips are made from a good source of carbohydrate, but they do contain more fiber than many potato snacks. For the best snacks on a weight loss plan, choose snacks that are low in fat but high in carbohydrates such as vegetables and fruits.
Healthy Baked Carrot ChipsCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Healthy Baked Carrot Chips Recipe – Get your crunchy chip-fix without ruining your diet! These gluten-free, low-fat snacks are easy to make and easy to love.
2 pounds carrots (pick the fattest carrots you can find)
1/4 cup olive oil, or melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line several large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Trim the carrot tops off. Starting on the thick end slice the carrots paper-thin on the bias to create elongated slices. You can do this with a chef’s knife, but it’s better to use a mandolin slicer on the smallest setting. When you get down to the thin end, stop and save them to use in soup or salad.
- Place the carrot slices in a large bowl and add the oil, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Toss well to thoroughly coat. Then lay the slices in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges start to curl up and turn crisp. Then flip all the chips over and bake another 5-8 minutes to crisp the bottoms. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- To avoid flipping the chips, you can bake the chips at 325 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes. However, they are prettier when baked at high heat.
- If your oven is older, the chips in the very center of each pan might need a couple minute longer than the chips around the edges.
Reference : aspicyperspective.