Ham and Cheese Croquettes are one of the more classic of Southern fried dishes. It involves white breadcrumbs and butter, and ham (usually lean, turkey or bison), Swiss or French style ham hocks, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top. In addition to being delicious, this dish is easy to make, and relatively inexpensive, too.
Because it uses so many different foods, this makes it an excellent option for any kind of meat-and-cheese lovers who visit you. Ham and Cheese Croquettes is simple yet delectable comfort food for the mind and body. A delightful little snack of heaven with the savory flavor of gooey, ham, cheese and lots of fresh vegetables. Ingredients: For the recipe, you’ll need: One pound of unsalted plain ham, three cups of low-fat milk, one tablespoon of Creole mustard, a half a cup of chopped onions, four tablespoons of Canadian bacon, a half a cup of chopped scallions, and a quarter teaspoon of pepper. Also include a small bunch of fresh mixed greens, four ounces of low-fat or fat-free cream cheese, and approximately two to three tablespoons of freshly chopped basil. To make the sandwich, preheat the oven and assemble the ingredients on a pan in the center.
Ham and Cheese Croquettes are a hearty combination that is perfect for any kind of fancy dinner. It is typically served as a breakfast food, but it can also be good for lunch or dinner.
To make the best ham and cheese blend, you need to buy the best ingredients and have a great recipe. These combinations usually taste great and are good for people on a diet because they are low in fats and calories.
There is no need to be a nutritionist to tell you that a healthy diet is important because these tasty combination do not have any. Here are some things that you should know about how to make a delicious ham and cheese blend that your family will love.
Ham and Cheese Croquettes
These ham and cheese croquettes are a crispy, cheesy, melty, and delicious — the perfect bite! An easy recipe to make Cuban ham croquettes at home.
4 medium potatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoons garlic powder
1 package Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Diced Ham
4 ounces queso blanco cubed
1-2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Boil peeled potatoes until soft (about 20-25 minutes). Drain potatoes and sprinkle with salt.
- When potatoes are completely cool, add garlic powder and mash until they are mostly smooth.
- Scoop up about a Tablespoon of mashed potatoes and form into a cup shape. Fill the potato cup with about a teaspoon of ham and one cube of cheese.
- Take two filled cups and squeeze together so that they form a ball, sealing the ham and cheese inside.
- Dip the potato balls in a egg wash, then gently roll in bread crumbs until the outside is well coated.
- Once all potato balls are rolled and coated in bread crumbs, fry in small batches of 2-3 at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Fry on each side for 1 1/2 minutes, for a total of 3 minutes per ball. Remove from pan and place on a wire cooling rack to dry.
Reference : thesoccermomblog.