Grilled Bruschetta Chicken certainly is a crowd-pleaser in the summer. When tomatoes are usually the sweetest they come up as the main star of any dish, at the same time they’re also the healthiest meal you could prepare for your family.
To say wife, You can serve this over rice, and it’s good! For healthier grilling recipes, try Grilled Bruschetta With Basil and tomato, also for a healthy alternative to your typical bruschetta. It’s good, but just as tasty as the real thing!
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken is a delectable appetizer to have for dinner. If you’re looking for a healthy and low fat meal, you’re in for a real treat.
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken is served with a pesto sauce that is made from tomatoes, olive oil, basil and cheese. With the tasty tomato paste and the buttery, cheesy, hearty flavor of the bread, you will have another meal you will love.
What sets this grilled chicken bruschettella recipe out from others is that it’s made on the griddle! Balsamic-braised chicken breasts are easily grilled until almost perfectly juicy & topped with smooth, creamy mozzarella.
Top them with a large scoop of signature spicy bruschetto, which is made using marinated summer tomatoes, fresh herbs, & chopped basil. Although you can use just any cut of meat for this tasty dish; a common favorite is Italian round steak.
Although I personally don’t think it compares to the taste of BBQ pork, I’m a pork lover at heart and enjoy the fatty taste of a good steak cooked right on the griddle. You can be sure the sauce will have you coming back for more.
Grilled Bruschetta ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Easy, healthy grilled bruschetta chicken with simple seasonings, melty mozzarella cheese, and a fresh tomato and basil topping is the perfect summer meal!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts – pounded to even thickness (1 inch or less)
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – (OR ¼ teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 slices mozzarella cheese
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Tomato Basil Topping
3 roma tomatoes – diced
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- In a large bowl combine chicken, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine and coat chicken evenly with the seasonings.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the topping. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and basil and stir well.
- Once chicken is cooked through, top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for about 1 minute longer until cheese is melty.
- Top chicken with tomato basil topping and serve immediately.
- Bruschetta topping can be made in advance and stored in fridge until ready to serve.
Reference : lecremedelacrumb.