A Greek Muffin-Tin Omelet is a breakfast favorite, but it’s a bit hard to make without a muffin tin. With the help of your muffin tin, you can easily prepare these delicious omelets in minutes. The ingredients are simple, and you can use whatever type of cheese you have on hand. When you add in some feta and red peppers and top with fresh parsley, this breakfast becomes even better! For more ideas on what to put in your omelets, check out our ultimate guide here.
What is a Greek Muffin-Tin Omelet?
A Greek Muffin-Tin Omelet is a breakfast favorite that is incredibly easy to make with your muffin tin. It’s made by combining eggs, feta cheese, red peppers, and fresh parsley.
The best part about these omelets is that they can be made so quickly. Once you have everything needed, it only takes about 10 minutes for you to prepare these delicious treats.
These omelets are perfect for dinner or brunch and are a great way to use up any leftovers from the weekend. If you want even more ideas on what to add, check out our ultimate guide here!
Additional Tips and Tricks.
To make the perfect Greek Muffin-Tin Omelet, use a muffin tin to prepare these delicious omelets. The ingredients are simple and you can use whatever type of cheese you have on hand. When you add in some feta and red peppers, this breakfast becomes even better! Check out our ultimate guide for more ideas on what to put in your omelets.
Greek Muffin-Tin Omelets with Feta & Peppers – A Delicious Way to Make Breakfast in Your Tin.Course: BreakfastCuisine: greekDifficulty: Easy
These Greek-inspired baked mini omelets are the perfect breakfasts on the go. Mix the batter the night before, and they’ll be ready to bake in the morning. Once they’re baked, you can keep these tasty omelet muffins in your fridge or freezer for future meals. Double score!
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
¾ cup diced onion
¼ teaspoon salt, divided
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
8 large eggs
¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
½ cup low-fat milk
½ teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
¼ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Liberally coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and oregano; cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown, 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, feta, milk, pepper and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in spinach, olives and the vegetable mixture. Divide among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- To make ahead: Prepare through Step 3 and refrigerate egg mixture overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before baking. The cooked omelets (wrapped individually in plastic wrap) can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month. To reheat, thaw, if necessary, and remove plastic wrap. Wrap in a paper towel and microwave each omelet on High for 20 to 30 seconds.
Reference : eatingwell.