One of the most mouth watering and best tasting recipes I have had since I began cooking for my family almost twenty years ago was a Garlic Marinated Chicken. This was back when I was still in college and going to cook for my family every weekend.
For this recipe I decided to use a soy rub as opposed to an actual marinade, so I didn’t have to wait before or after the cooking to add the rub in. The marinade will give the chicken that full flavor and make it all the more tender and moist for the family to enjoy.
My dad has made this exact dish countless times too. It is something that he absolutely loves and I’m sure yours will be too.
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to unhealthy fried chicken, try marinating your chicken in a blend of garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, white wine, cumin, chili powder, turmeric, garlic and oregano. The result is a healthy marinated chicken that you can serve at any time of the year.
The secret to tasty and healthy marinated chicken is to combine a blend of ingredients that complement each other. To get the desired result, you will need a food processor, a blender or food chopper, a dishcloth, a rubber band, and hot water.
Once you have all of these items, follow the simple instructions below to marinate your chicken for up to one hour. Garlic marinated chicken is not only very healthy but it tastes amazing too.
If you haven’t tried this very easy and delicious recipe before you should really try it for yourself. I know I always look forward to dinner when I can make something that tastes like a hundred dollars at my house. All you have to do is marinate the chicken in white wine, butter and garlic.
Garlic Marinated ChickenCourse: Chicken Main DishesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This simple all-purpose Garlic Marinated Chicken is great to add to sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes, and more!
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly cracked pepper
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to a bowl or a large zip top bag. Stir the ingredients in the dish until combined.
- Filet each chicken breast into two thinner pieces. Place the pieces in the bag or in a shallow dish, then pour the marinade over top, making sure the chicken pieces are completely covered in marinade. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours (refrigerated), turning occasionally to maximize the chicken’s contact with the marinade.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium. Transfer the chicken from the marinade to the hot skillet and cook on each side until well browned and cooked through (about 5-7 minutes each side, depending on the size of the pieces). Cook two pieces at a time to avoid overcrowding the skillet, which can cause juices to pool and prevents browning. Discard the excess marinade.
- Transfer the cooked chicken from the skillet to a cutting board and let rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
- *This marinade can also be used for chicken thighs. The amount of marinade listed in the recipe can handle about 4-6 chicken thighs, depending on their size.
Reference : www.budgetbytes.