A great way to prepare dinner is by cooking the chicken in a special marinade of herbs and spices, marinated in wine for several hours. The result is a marinated, mouthwatering dish that will have your family buzzing with talk about it for days to come.
Cooking a meal with chicken that has been marinated is a simple yet effective technique that can be used for a number of dishes. If you are looking for a new way to enhance the flavour of your meals, try to cook a sumptuous meal using this method.
You can serve this marinated chicken with salads or as part of a buffet spread along with some steamed white rice, baked potatoes and some baked potatoes or vegetables. A good friend of mine, who is from the South has sent me the picture of a beautiful and tasty “garlic marinated chicken” that he made.
I’ve tried many recipes for chicken but this one really caught my attention. It looked very well prepared and the ingredients which were placed on top of the chicken were beautifully done.
The smell when it was served was also very aromatic and I’m sure that my neighbors would also have loved to taste this chicken. I don’t know if my idea of cooking chicken in this manner would have been a hit with the health-conscious crowd, but I’m happy that we are at least able to eat chicken that’s been marinated in a way that’s not unhealthy.
If you are looking for an easy way to prepare a great-tasting meal for your family, consider trying a marinated chicken. Garlic is not only tasty, it is also a natural antibiotic and can aid in healing any number of ailments.
Marinated chicken dishes can be made for breakfast, brunch or dinner and can be as simple or as elegant as you like. This easy preparation technique uses all natural ingredients and will leave your meal with a burst of flavor from the natural goodness found in garlic.
Many people like to serve this type of chicken in its delicious sauce but you may prefer to use just marinara or a simple marinade and simply marinate the chicken. Either way will be equally as effective and the meal should be ready in just a few minutes.
Garlic Marinated ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This simple all-purpose Garlic Marinated Chicken is great to add to sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes, and more!
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly cracked pepper
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to a bowl or a large zip top bag. Stir the ingredients in the dish until combined.
- Filet each chicken breast into two thinner pieces. Place the pieces in the bag or in a shallow dish, then pour the marinade over top, making sure the chicken pieces are completely covered in marinade. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours (refrigerated), turning occasionally to maximize the chicken’s contact with the marinade.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium. Transfer the chicken from the marinade to the hot skillet and cook on each side until well browned and cooked through (about 5-7 minutes each side, depending on the size of the pieces). Cook two pieces at a time to avoid overcrowding the skillet, which can cause juices to pool and prevents browning. Discard the excess marinade.
- Transfer the cooked chicken from the skillet to a cutting board and let rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
- *This marinade can also be used for chicken thighs. The amount of marinade listed in the recipe can handle about 4-6 chicken thighs, depending on their size.
Reference : budgetbytes.