How To Make A Delicious French Onion Chicken Bake For Your Next Dinner Party? Many people don’t know how to make a French onion chicken.
This dish is really a classic southern dish that has stood the test of time. This easy chicken dish contains onions that are finely chopped and sauteed together with a savory butter sauce that is made by combining onion, bell pepper, celery, and bell pepper in a bowl.
You can season this dish with paprika and garlic powder, or even black pepper, if you prefer. How to make French Onion Chicken Bake: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the bottom with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the pan.
Using a pair of tongs, begin to cook the breasts in the oil for about 2 minutes per side. Remove them from the pan and place directly onto the baking sheet.
Cover the breasts with the rest of the cooking spray and bake for about 45 minutes or until the bottom is set. If you do not have basting spray, you may use half of the sauce to brush over the top of the breasts before removing them from the oven.
French Onion Chicken Bakes has the amazing flavors of French Onion soup! It has a juicy, tender, juicy chicken, savory pasta, melted cheese, spicy sauteed onions, tangy mushrooms & cheeses, and soft toasted croutons much like the classic omelet on top of French Onion soup. A moist French Onion soup dumpling recipe is light and fresh with a hint of butter and a thick, syrupy gravy that will have your taste buds begging for more! If you like chicken you will love French Onion Chicken, it is the perfect chicken recipe for those who are watching their cholesterol intake and want to continue to feed their body with chicken.
French Onion Chicken BakeCourse: DinnerCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
This French Onion Chicken Bake is so easy to make and lip smacking delicious-seasoned chicken breast smothered in a french onion soup and topped with light mozzarella.
6 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, raw
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
2 Tbsp Land o’Lakes light butter made with canola oil
1 small yellow onion, peeled & sliced
1 (10 oz.) can French onion soup ( I use Campbell’s)
1/2 cup fat free or light mozzarella (I use Market Pantry reduced fat mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan ( or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions. Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
- When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, spray the skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Place seasoned chicken breasts into prepared skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown.
- Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the can of French onion soup. Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes-this will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
- If using a cast iron skillet pan top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven safe baking dish-and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
- Place skillet or baking dish in preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
Reference : thepounddropper.