Enchilada Zucchini Boats were inspired by the famous Enchilada restaurant in Mexico. The dish is made from a traditional enchilada (dessert) which is made with cream, eggs, and vegetables.
The preparation is done in a cast iron pot with the enchilada being cooked over an open fire. This dish is loved by many because of its authenticity.
Enchilada Zucchini Boats have become a huge sensation in recent years. Why, because they are super easy, super tasty and super healthy too.
Enchilada is my grandmother’s old school version of a enchilada, but I have recently come to realize that her original recipe was way better than the versions being served at most restaurants these days. Enchilada is a Mexican traditional that originated from the Puebla region of Mexico.
This is an authentic tortilla shell made with enchilada cheese, which is a cheese that is made from milk and has a very mild flavor. Enchilada Zucchini Boats were inspired by the original Enchilada, but are made with smaller tortillas which allow for a higher amount of cheese and are much tastier as a result.
Ground beef Enchilada Zucchini Boats make a great healthy snack for any time of day. Made with your choice of ground beef or pork, Enchilada is a delicious fajita style snack that is made in just about thirty minutes.
Ground beef Enchilada Zucchini Boats come in different flavors such as spicy and mild, so if you are looking for something fast and easy to make, these are your best options. Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats make a delicious healthy snack for any time of day, but are the perfect healthier alternative to your traditional carb filled meaty enchilada.
Enchilada Zucchini BoatsCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 tablespoon of oil
1/2 of a sweet onion
1/2 red bell pepper
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon of cumin
1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
3 medium zucchinis
1 1/2 cups of enchilada sauce
optional for topping: 1/2-1 cup of vegan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Prepare your zucchinis by cutting them in half long ways and gently scooping out most of the inside of the zucchini and discarding. You want it so that the shell of the zucchini is just about 1/4 inch thick once the insides have been removed (see photo).
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat your olive oil and then add in the onion and pepper to sauté for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in black beans and cook for abour 3 more minutes until the black beans are heated through. Take off of the heat.
- Dividing evenly, spoon the mixture into the zucchinis and place them in the greased baking dish.
- Top the zuchinnis with the enchilada sauce.
- Optional: top with vegan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
Reference : foodwithfeeling.