Zucchini is a very versatile vegetable that I love to eat, it is so easy to prepare. For this easy zucchini casserole I decided to use only frozen zucchini, this meant that there was no need to peel the zucchini in order to add to the base or sauce, it also meant that there were no hassles in cooking the recipe.
For this recipe I used reduced fat sour cream, I reduced the fat and carbohydrate content of the cheese and used a reduced quantity of herbs, the result was an extremely tasty and nutritious casserole which I will be using on a regular basis for the foreseeable future. If you are looking for a delicious low carb casserole then you can’t go wrong with this recipe, it tastes so good it might make you hungry! Enjoy!
This is an easy zucchini casserole recipe. You will love the fact that this is so easy to make and you can even freeze the left overs for a few days later.
This easy zucchini casserole is low calorie, low fat, and healthy too! It makes a delicious and colorful addition to your next meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. So you’ve heard about easy zucchini crisps.
You want to try them, but are afraid they will turn out to be bland or boring. Don’t worry. I’ve been making them for a long time and have found a way to make them exciting and delicious, while keeping them fairly low in carbohydrates.
Easy Zucchini Casserole – Cheesy, Low Carb, Keto and Delicious!Course: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
An easy one pan family and budget friendly dish! Great for vegetarian keto or meatless Monday! Great low carb side dish that even the kids will love!
2 zucchini, thinly sliced (I use 1 green and 1 yellow)
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 cup grated cheese (I used a mix of Monterey Jack and mozzarella in the one pictured right )
1/2 cup sour cream
1-2 tbsp cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan with butter
- Place overlapping zucchini slices in baking dish, layering it with onions and cheese between each layer
- You can use a round dish or square
- In a small bowl combine sour cream with garlic powder, salt and pepper and just enough cream to thin the mixture.
- Spread sour cream mixture over the zucchini
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until casserole is brown and bubbly on top.
- Let rest in oven for 10 minutes.
- 1/4 of the recipe has 3 net carbs. See bottom of this recipe card for nutritional information.
Reference : ketogenicwoman.