The Easy Grilled Chicken Pita Recipe is really simple to make and the ingredients are usually available at your local grocery store. You can use yogurt, sour cream or milk for the topping and put a scoop of low fat free yogurt on top.
I like to dip the grilled chicken in some ranch dressing and sprinkle some black pepper and a little oregano on the top. You can serve this grilled recipe with crackers, whole grain bread or roll it in tortilla chips.
A Grilled Chicken Pita Recipe is very easy to make and it’s a healthy meal you can enjoy along with your family. It’s really simple, just mix two to three ingredients together (depending on what you have in your fridge) and throw it in the oven or on the grill.
In no time at all, you’ll have a delicious and healthy meal that everyone will rave about. This is my easy to follow, grilled chicken pita recipe.
I wanted something simple yet delicious, and something that my hubby would love, especially after a long day at work. I also wanted it to be something that he could make without breaking my budget so I decided to try out this easy to follow method, which came from a Mediterranean chef.
This is an easy to use, no fuss, healthy, low fat, cheese based marinade which come with garlic, olive oil, fresh cilantro, green onions, and bell pepper, all mixed together and prepared with just a sprinkle of lemon juice. This makes a delicious, healthy and budget-friendly recipe that you can eat while you lounge or work.
Easy Grilled Chicken Pita RecipeCourse: Chicken Main DishesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Easy Grilled Chicken Pita Recipe – made of Greek yogurt, pita bread, vegetables and grilled chicken. Perfect pita sandwich recipe to make and eat for lunch.
- Pita Bread Filling:
1/2 Small red onion sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup garbanzo beans from a can
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice more for drizzing on top
4 pieces pita bread grilled
1 cup Greek Yogurt
2 cups arugula
2 medium slices tomatoes sliced
1 small avocado diced
salt and pepper to taste
- Grilled Chicken Recipe:
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup mayo
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoon of Montreal Chicken Spice
salt and pepper to taste
- How to Make Grilled Chicken Breast:
- Combine all of the ingredients inside the bowl, marinate over the night or at least 1 hour. Grill on high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- How to make Grilled Chicken Pita:
- In a mixing bowl combine onion, garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Grill pita bread then spread yogurt, add arugula, tomatoes, garbanzo bean mixture, avocado and grilled chicken slices. Serve with greek yogurt, a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of black pepper over the top.
- Enjoy delicious homemade Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich!
- Hi! All content & images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Reference : munchkintime.