This Dreamy Instant Pot chicken and barley rice are simply delicious. It’s rich and creamy with lots of flavor, but so easy and quick to prepare.
The entire family will love it, which means it’s a real one-pot meal, perfect for weekdays! This Dreamy Instant Pot chicken and rice are simply delicious.
It’s so creamy and rich but still SO simple and fast to prepare. The whole family will enjoy it, and it’s a real one-pot meal with no of the extra work involved!
With just Parmesan cheese, some lemon juice, some water, and a slight surge of chicken broth, this week night family dinner really is inspired by our all time favorite risotto! This Dreamy Instant Pot chicken and white rice are simply delicious.
It’s rich and creamy without being heavy, and yet still SO quick and simple to prepare. The entire family will thoroughly enjoy it, and it’s actually a one-pot, high-speed, great-for-two-persons meal!
With just Parmesan cheese and maybe a sprinkle of fresh lemon, this weeknight dinner is inspired by old-fashioned family favorite risotto but with none of the effort required to make it! Cooking in the Oven makes this dish a snap – you can set the timer on the digital control and cook on auto-pilot while you lounge on the couch or watch TV.
Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and RiceCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Instant Pot chicken and rice is just absolutely dreamy. It’s rich and creamy but SO quick and easy to make. The whole family will love it, and it’s a true one-pot meal! With Parmesan cheese and a splash of lemon, this weeknight family dinner recipe is inspired by my favorite risotto recipe but with none of the hard work required!
1 ½ pounds chicken breasts about 2-3 breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 medium onion chopped
4 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic minced
3-4 cups chicken broth 3 cups for a firmer rice, 4 cups for a more risotto-inspired, soupier version. We personally prefer 4 cups.
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice from one lemon
1 ½ cups white rice rinsed, see Notes
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 ½ teaspoons salt plus more or less to taste
¼ teaspoons black pepper plus more or less to taste
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add butter and let melt, then add garlic and onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir. Cook until no longer translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in rice, broth, and lemon juice. Stir well, bringing chicken pieces to top.
- Close lid and set valve to Sealing. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking is completed, let naturally release for 2 minutes, then Quick Release rest of pressure. Stir well and season with Parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste. Add a little more chicken broth, if desired, to reach desired consistency – optional.
- If you find liquid still remaining on the top of your Instant Pot chicken and rice after cooking, stir well and turn on Sauté mode to fully incorporate.
- Chicken broth: Use 3 cups of chicken broth if you prefer a firmer rice with a more separate grain. Use 4 cups for a more risotto-inspired chicken and rice, with a soupier, more stew-like texture. The rice will still have a clear grain but will be nice and soft. My family and I prefer 4 cups; we like the risotto texture more than when made with 3 cups. However, if you want your version to have clear grains of rice and be less creamy, use 3 cups.
- Rice: Be sure to use white rice for this recipe! Brown rice is not recommended since it would take about 10 minutes longer, which would overcook the chicken. Do not use instant or minute rice.
- Cheese: Fresh Parmesan is ideal, but can sub shredded cheese.
- If you end up with a “gluey” texture to your chicken and rice, it’s likely you’ve overcooked the recipe by leaving it to release pressure naturally for too long. This part is important! Give it just 2 minutes after the Instant pot beeps, then manually release pressure.
Reference : 40aprons.