Preparing a traditional Italian meal using a non-dairy frittata can be quite a challenge, but it can also be one of the tastiest and filling meals you have ever cooked. This is mainly due to the ingredients.
A traditionally made frittata uses eggs, vegetables (always Italian vegetable sources), fresh herbs/cheese, mushrooms, chicken skin, and nonfat cream cheese. If you are looking for a healthy yet hearty alternative to a meat-based frittata, try cooking one with coconut milk.
A healthy and tasty dairy free frittata made with soy milk, cheese, and other dairy alternatives is a delicious and extremely healthy frittata made with little to no meat, cheese, or other dairy products. It’s easy to make, quick to cook, and absolutely delicious!
It’s made quickly and easily from a pan on the stovetop until ready to serve, any time of the day! The frittata can be topped with vegetables or a variety of tasty sauces, but the real star of this delicious and healthy alternative to traditional restaurant recipes is the flavor combination of soy milk, cheese, and eggs.
A healthy and delicious frittata can be made with many dairy free options, is completely dairy free, and made naturally on the stove top. It’s easy to make, very healthy, and always good for you too!
It’s even good for those on vegetarian diets, since it has protein without the animal products. Best of all, it’s good for weight loss too, which is a bonus on many fronts! Any meal you can think of can be a great choice for a frittata, as long as it has these wonderful ingredients.
Dairy Free FrittataCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
great meal for meal-prep!
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/2 red bell pepper diced
1/2 cup spinach
3-4 slices of ham or turkey
1 cup heirloom or cherry tomatoes halved
Salt and pepper to taste
Coconut oil for coating the dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a 9 x 9 baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, scramble the eggs and add all of the ingredients, except the tomatoes. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Place all the tomatoes on top, they should float.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes if you want it to be slightly undercooked (for meal prep!). Then when you reheat it, it will be cooked just right.-Need help? Watch the video above to see how it’s made!
Reference : drmonicabravo.