If you are having trouble deciding on what kind of bread to make for a crunchy French toast, you should consider trying to recreate the dish at home. The ingredients and techniques are easy and inexpensive.
With just a few adjustments, you can end up with a delicious homemade meal that is healthy, low calorie, and easy to prepare. Read on to find out how to make the perfect homemade version of this classic.
There is a long and rich history behind the perfect French toast. A simple slice of bread with a few dollops of butter on top is very quickly transformed into the ultimate food in the book, a true gastronomic delight! Of course, we don’t want to leave out the house with the best things from all around the world.
With the advent of the frozen foods industry French toast has found a new home in the oven, slowly but surely becoming one of the world’s favourite foods. Whether it is the smell of the outside streets and the promise of warm, sumptuous comfort that comes with a freshly made loaf, we cannot ignore the simple, yet delicious beauty that is French toast.
What is the best way to eat a crisp, golden loaf of bread? Many of us turn to our buttery and tasty slice of bread when we want a simple breakfast food.
But, who gets to decide what’s best for us? That’s why it’s best to use a crunchy French toast recipe as your guide when enjoying this popular breakfast treat. With simple ingredients like whole grain bread, some milk and syrup you can make the perfect toast for any occasion.
Crunchy French ToastCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Crunchy French Toast is a cereal crusted french toast recipe. It’s a must try breakfast recipe that is sure to become a family favorite!
4 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 thick slices bread (like Texas Toast)
2 heaping cups crispy rice cereal or crushed corn flakes
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F or or heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cereal to a shallow pie dish or plate. Add all ingredients, except the bread and cornflakes to a blender or to a shallow dish and whisk well to combine. If whisking by hand, it’s okay if the flour doesn’t mix in completely smooth.
- Add the batter and the cereal to two separate shallow dishes. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture on both sides and then press gently into the cereal, flipping to coat both sides.
- Melt a small piece of butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat (or grease with cooking spray). Place the bread slices on the hot skillet and cook for a few minutes until golden on the bottom and then flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve warm with your your favorite syrup.
Reference : tastesbetterfromscratch.