It is true that there are many ways to enjoy low carb and high protein, yet there are some things you should know before you go through the process of creating some of your favorite foods that often have some very unhealthy ingredients. We all know that there is such thing as low carb and low fat, yet there are still some things that people tend to overlook.
One of those things is the ingredients we put into our own low carb and low fat chicken cakes and chicken nuggets. Many people who really enjoy these foods tend to leave out one of the most important ingredients – sodium.
By not reading up on this topic or by simply trusting your instincts about what you think are healthy, you could be putting yourself at risk of health problems. No matter what your views are on low carb dieting, it is no secret that there is a growing interest in healthy, tasty foods that taste great.
As more people have come to recognize the health benefits of eating right, more food is being developed that fit into this diet. In addition to low carb diets, there are also low fat and low sugar diets, as well as other diets that allow you to eat foods that are not traditionally considered to be diet food.
Some examples of these types of diet food are nontraditional poultry, fish and vegetables. These foods are usually healthier than traditional cookbooks may lead you to believe, so read about a few of these popular alternative dishes to see if any of them might catch your attention and fit into your diet.
There are many different types of low carb and high protein chicken recipes out there. Some chicken is lean, such as the breasts or thighs, while others have more fat content, like the wings or quarters.
The key to healthy eating is making smart choices such as choosing chicken that is lean such as chicken breasts or thighs. There are many ways to prepare these types of meats for a low carb or low fat diet.
In this article, we discuss the best ways to prepare lean chicken breast for a low carb diet. In the next article in this series, we will discuss frying and baking.
Crispy Chicken Cakes || Low Carb and THMCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Tasty chicken breast meat flavored with cheese and chives then fried to perfection. These Crispy Chicken Cakes are a simple dinner that can be prepared quickly on busy nights.
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil for cooking
6 small cans of chicken breast or 3-4 cups of shredded chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1/3 cup egg whites (if preferred 2 whole eggs)
1/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend (or Almond Flour)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons chives, chopped or dried
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Open canned chicken and drain really well then break the chicken into small pieces so there are no large pieces
- Add the chicken and all the other ingredients into a large bowl, except the oil.
- Mix the ingredients well until all the ingredients are combined and will stick together when you pinch it between your fingers.
- Divide the mixture out into 6-8 equal portions depending on how large you want the cakes. Form each of the patties and set them aside.
- Add the oil to a pan and heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot place some of the cakes in the pan to cook.
- This will take 4 to5 minutes on each side. Flip when the chicken cakes are nice and golden brown on each side.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
- See the Tips Section above the recipe for help making this recipe a success every time and for possible substitutions. Also please note your nutritional breakdown will vary if you use whole eggs or almond flour instead of THM Baking Blend. For those using leftover chicken or turkey you will need about 3-4 cups of meat.
Reference : mytableofthree.