Any good Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas should start with some roasted chicken, and it’s always important to get a fresh, high-quality chicken. You want to make sure the skin is intact, but not too torn up.
Next, you want to roast some onions and garlic. Add some sour cream and Mexican cheese and mix it all until you get a nice creamy sauce.
Once the enchiladas are cooked, and the sauce is nice and bubbly, you can add beans to the mix. A lot of people like to add tomatoes, but that’s up to you.
Some people also add green chilies, as well as other Mexican spices such as cilantro and oregano. There are a few different ways to cook your chicken enchiladas.
One way is to bake them, another way is to deep fry them, and the other way is to boil them until they’re done. If you’re trying to get the most out of your meal, you’ll probably want to make your enchiladas a day ahead of time and then just let them sit overnight to marinate.
Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas is great for any time of the year. You can serve them for dinner parties or lunch all week long. They can be served for breakfast as well, although I think most people love their chicken enchiladas for lunch.
They’re always on the menu at breakfast when I go hungry. There are a few things you can do to enhance the flavor of your Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas.
Read also Creamy Garlic Chicken.
One option is to use corn tortillas instead of flour. You can also add some cheddar cheese to your dish. If you’re really hungry, you can even have some sour cream.
If you don’t mind being away from your stove while your Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas are baking, try to purchase a pre-made tortilla. They’re much easier to get, plus you don’t have to worry about cooking them or baking them.
Creamy White Chicken EnchiladasCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas is an amazing chicken enchilada recipe with so much flavor but not too much cheese. It’s been a favorite in many households for decades, and you can enjoy them any time of the year.
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
salt & pepper & Adobo seasoning, to taste
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1 cup sour cream
2 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp butter
2 cups shredded mozzarella
10 flour tortillas (taco size)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- n a medium-sized bowl, mix together cooked, shredded chicken with one cup of shredded cheese along with salt, pepper and Adobo seasoning.
- Place chicken mixture into each of the flour tortillas.
- Roll them all up and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and let cook and thicken for 1 minute (don’t let it burn).
- Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream and green chiles. Be sure not to let the mixture boil.
- Take sauce off the heat and pour it over the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- If you’d like, you can turn the broiler on high and broil these for a minute or two until cheese is slighly browned and bubbly.
You can just heat the tortillas, place the chicken on top, and put them in the oven. You can also have your Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas on the grill.
This works well if you grill the chicken on a hot grill for some time to get it nice and browned. You can eat these enchiladas cold, but I find them a little better when I add a little sour cream.
The sauce is nice and goes well with a warm drink as well. Reference thecountrycook.