This lightly sauteed, perfectly sweet and savory creamy mushroom chicken recipe has simply the most delicious pan-seared chicken smeared in a sweet mushroom sauce with a light dusting of golden brown flour to cook it evenly. It is quick and simple – it can be ready for your table in less than half an hour.
I had to do a little cooking on my own, but other than that this dish comes out perfect every time. A real crowd pleaser.
A delicious and easy recipe to prepare chicken parmesan in a skillet. You’ll need: butter, flour, chicken, mushrooms, butter, garlic, seasonings, chicken bouillon (or any kind of fresh balsamic vinegar), salt and pepper to taste, dishwater or stock.
How to make Creamy Mushroom Chicken: Prepare your mushrooms and butter, cook your mushrooms in the butter/flour mixture for about two minutes, while you can also prepare your chicken with the mushrooms. Serve with your homemade chicken stock or sauce, and your baked chicken parmesan.
Can I cook Creamy Mushroom Chicken over a gas or charcoal grill? Yes! You certainly can, you just need to learn the techniques!
Here are some simple tips on how to cook this versatile dish right from the grill. First things first, you want to preheat your grill (not while cooking) and prepare your chicken cutting tools in advance:
Creamy Mushroom ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This is the perfect weekend meal! On the table in just a little over 30 minutes, it’s sure to be a hit during date nights at home
6-8 pieces Chicken breasts boneless skinless, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Olive oil
As needed Salt
As needed Ground black pepper
2 Tbsp Butter unsalted
1 medium Onion finely diced
1 Tbsp All-purpose flour
1 pound Mushrooms cremini, button or wild, sliced
3 cloves Garlic
1/2 cup Madeira wine or Sherry Wine Omit for Children
1 cup Chicken broth
1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
As needed Parsley leaves chopped
- Pat dry the chicken with kitchen towels, season with sauce and pepper on both sides.
- Heat up a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat, add in 2 Tbsp olive oil. When oil is hot, but not smoking, lay down 4 pieces of chicken breast, not overlapping.
- When one side is golden, flip them carefully to avoid splattering. When the other side is golden, take them out. Start cooking the other pieces in the hot oil. Make sure when doing this, the pan is not over crowded, otherwise the chicken breasts would just steam.
- After all the pieces are seared, take them out and keep them somewhere warm.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add in the butter, let it foam up. Then add the onion, stir around with a wooden spoon, and cook till the onion pieces are transparent, around 3 minutes.
- Add the flour to the onions, stir till incorporated. The flour will eventually thicken the sauce.
- Add mushrooms to the pot, stir them around with onions, and let them cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped garlic. Give them another stir and let cook for 2 more minutes. Mushrooms should be fragrant and tender.
- Pour in madeira wine, chicken broth. Let them cook for around 3 minutes till they reduce to half the volume.
- Add in heavy whipping cream, bring it to a boil. Check the seasoning and add more salt if needed.
- Add the chicken breasts back into the sauce. Let them heat up and absorb the beautiful sauce you just made. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with some green, fresh chopped parsley.
Reference : charisseyu.