Creamy chicken enchillada soup is fast becoming the most requested recipe on many blog. A couple readers knew it was a brilliant idea, and so immediately made this dish more delicious by adding in some mild cream cheese into the blend, which is so tasty!
I have to say though, that when I made this soup the first time, I didn’t add any cream, and it ended up tasting quite bland, so I decided to give it a try with some cream, but not too much cream, as you don’t want to drown your soup. This dish is absolutely divine, and so easy to make that even the kids can make it.
Homemade Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup conjures up memories of family gatherings and warm, gooey bowls of soup. This popular Chicken Enchilada Soup gets its name from the Mexican word which means “cooked meat” – and it’s easy to make, too.
This quick and easy soup is prepared in just a few minutes and is the perfect way to begin it in the morning or any time you have some free time. To enjoy this popular dish, soup lovers can simply blend some soup ingredients together and simmer their homemade enchiladas in some liquid to reach their desired taste.
If you’re a meat lover, this dish will satisfy those craving for the genuine flavor of Mexican cuisine. Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup – a simple yet delicious chicken enchilada soup.
This super slimming soup recipe is loaded with flavor, ultra filling and weight-loss friendly as well. Simply customize with your favorite toppings and cook for just a minute to require a second bowl! This mouth-watering soup is SYN FREE as well if you substitute it with a healthier extra or omit the cream.
Creamy Chicken Enchilada SoupCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Thick, creamy, and easy to make. Loaded with chicken and your favorite Tex-Mex ingredients.
1 Tbsp Butter or Ghee or avocado oil
1 Medium Onion diced
2 Celery Stalks sliced
1 Medium Carrot thinly sliced
1 Large Red Bell Pepper diced
2-3 Garlic Cloves chopped
1½ Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
15 oz Diced fire-roasted Tomatoes 1 can
¼ Cup Tomato Paste
4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
14.5 oz Red Kidney Beans rinsed, 1 can
14.5 oz Black Beans rinsed, 1 can
1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Sweet Corn
2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
1 Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend for garnishing
Salt and pepper, to your taste
- Melt butter or ghee (add avocado oil if using) in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, garlic and cook until softens, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are very tender.
- Remove from heat and using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Place the soup back over medium heat and add in beans, corn and shredded cooked chicken.
- Stir to combine and boil for a couple of minutes, just to heat it all up.
- Then pour into bowls and top with shredded cheese or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Fresh, frozen, or canned corn Oil- avocado, olive oil, or vegetable oil Try Shredded turkey, ground chicken or ground turkey
- Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can freeze for up to 3-4 months.
Reference : healthyfitnessmeals.