This chocolate zucchini cake has so much flavor, no one will ever guess that it is loaded with a powerful, nutritious vegetable! “Zucchini” is the Latin name for this sweet little vegetable. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
This low calorie, low fat, low cholesterol, high fiber recipe is loaded with flavor! Best of all, this delicious cake is good for you too! Healthy chocolate and vegetable pie, best of all, tastes great.
This chocolate zucchini cake is simple to make, takes only a minimal mixer, and will soon become one of your favourite summer treats. It has a smooth, moist crumb, and rich chocolate taste with an edible ganache frosted finish.
Plus the 3-inch chocolate ganache topping is irresistibly velvety and the perfect way to finish this chocolate cake! With the chocolate ganache frosting you can even use candles, so that this dessert is truly decadent and truly a melt-in-your-mouth treat.
Super creamy and very indulgent chocolate zucchini cake made with chocolate chips is a huge hit among college students and grownups alike! Made with only three cups of chopped zucchini (make sure you taste it!) this is the ultimate, most delicious way to consume your vegetables. It’s also a wonderful, healthy, low carb, sugar free dessert that you can make for all of your family and friends. You’ll enjoy it so much you won’t even bother taking another bite after dipping it into your chocolate sauce!
Chocolate Zucchini CakeCourse: Beef Main DishesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This chocolate zucchini cake is so moist and tender thanks to the zucchini. My kids don’t even realize I’ve snuck veggies in their dessert with this recipe.
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 large eggs
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups grated zucchini
1 recipe mama’s chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla to a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish. and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting. Let frosting set 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Reference : bunsinmyoven.