There is no chocolate on this delicious and yummy Chocolate Zucchini Bread. However, it does have the tang of the zesty cherry flavor of cherries. It has a tasty taste and is much better than the standard sweet white cakes. It tastes better to your taste buds and body and doesn’t contain any fillers, preservatives, or sugars.
This bread can be doubled recipe when you freeze it and then defrost it. When you freeze the bread, it will retain the moisture. Thus keep it moist, but not too dried out as the way bread tends to dry out if they sit out for too long. To defrost it, use a bread maker, bake at 350 degrees until the bread just comes out from the oven.
For the crust, you can add any flavor you want. I used a little fresh chocolate or cream cheese to bring out the crust’s rich chocolate taste. However, you can use whatever your favorite flavor would be.
Chocolate Zucchini BreadCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
These delicious Chocolate Zucchini Bread could be served for any occasion from breakfast, lunches, dinners, snacks, or even dessert. It also makes a great treat for children to eat as the cherries taste much sweeter than other fruits, so that alone will encourage kids to eat more fruits.
350 gr all-purpose flour.
50 gr of cocoa powder.
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda.
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
1 teaspoon salt.
170 gr unsalted butter.
150 gr sugar.
150 gr brown sugar.
1 teaspoon vanilla paste.
2 tsp grated orange peel (from 1 orange navel).
450 gr zucchini.
125 ml of milk.
100 gr sugar powder.
2 tablespoons milk.
- Prepare a 25 cm diameter bundt pan, spread with cooking oil.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, and salt. Mix well, set aside.
- Mix the butter, white sugar & brown sugar until soft & pale.
- Add the vanilla and eggs one by one (1-minute distance for each egg). Turn off the mixer.
- Put grated orange zucchini skin. Stir well into the mixture.
- Sift part of the dry ingredients into the mixture and stir well.
- Add some milk. Stir well. Continue alternating until the ingredients run out.
- Pour into a brunt pan and bake around 50-55.
- Do the toothpick test.
- Take it from the oven, leave it in the pan for 15 minutes. Take it from the pan and wait for it to cool.
Another delicious way to serve this Zucchini Bread is to dip it in a nice hot tea or coffee with the cherries cut out for the dipping sauce. Delicious! Add fruit to the dip like bananas, apples, etc.
The best part about making Zucchini Bread is that it’s very easy and can be made ahead of time. So that you can enjoy it the day after you bake it. There is nothing better than eating warm and freshly baked bread. Reference Cookpad Id