For those chocolate lovers who have tried to eat a piece of chocolate from the crust or the knife, you might be thinking that this might be too tough to make at home, but you can easily make a delicious chocolate zucchini cake in a skillet. This can be made with a delicious homemade zucchini that you will find in any gourmet grocery store or even in a food mart or in a supermarket.
There are many different recipes for a chocolate zucchini cake and it is easy to make a chocolate one by simply adding your favorite chocolate to your own freshly made bread dough in a non stick skillet and then baking away! This Chocolate Lovers Zucchini Cake is one that I am sure most people will find themselves eating while enjoying a nice cup of coffee.
You might want to consider this recipe if you find yourself craving chocolate on a relatively regular basis. It has a nice spicy flavor, which is perfect for those hot summer days when you can’t wait for the sun to go down.
Zucchini comes in a red variety, but you can use whatever variety of zucchini that you enjoy the most. You can also substitute green zucchini if it does not appeal to you as much.
Zucchini and Chocolate Lovers Zucchini Cake is made with a delicious and easy to make chocolate and zucchini combination. This dessert is very easy to bake, and you do not need any special ingredients except for the zucchini and the prepared butter and cheese.
The recipe comes from the famous cookbook called “Cafe de la Chambre” by Catalina. You can find it in any book store or supermarkets, and most supermarkets also carry the second edition of this classic cookbook. Here’s how to make this delicious dessert.
Chocolate Lover’s Zucchini CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For the Cake
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 1/4 cups grated zucchini
- For Chocolate Frosting
1 stick butter melted
2/3 Cup Cocoa
3 Cups Powder sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Lover’s Zucchini Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs together until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- In a smaller bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt together with a small whisk just to blend everything together.
- Add flour mixture in with the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly mix in the milk.
- After everything is well combined, stir in the zucchini.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes.
- Cake will be done when tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- *Check cake at 50-55 minutes
- Chocolate Frosting
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add melted butter. Mix in cocoa.
- Next add in some powder sugar and then milk, then some powder sugar then milk.
- Repeat until all is well mixed. Mix on low speed.
- After frosting is well blended, add in vanilla.
- Makes about 2 cups of frosting.
- Frost cake once cake has cooled.
Reference : greatgrubdelicioustreats.